Senior Mobile Engineer (Android and iOS)
Current Health is a leader in the movement to transition more healthcare into the home. We're a technology company, but beyond our best in class hardware and software capabilities, we help healthcare organisations operationalize care at home and deliver excellent patient experiences through helping with the last mile of care logistics and services. We partner with leading healthcare organisations to advance home-based care in the US, the UK, and around the world.
More than doubling in size in the last year, we're building a global team united in one purpose: helping people live healthier, longer lives by predicting disease and enabling earlier treatment. At Current Health, we seek to put patients first, solve problems with curiosity and creativity, pursue uncommon collaboration, and never stop growing. We're a remote-first company, which means that everything from how we work, communicate, and socialise is shaped by tools and culture that prioritise collaboration and support independence.
Current Health is a rapidly growing healthcare tech company which primarily enables health monitoring and patient management in the home, be it programs, chronic care management or decentralised clinical studies. We are looking for talented developers to join the team that is delivering patient experiences on mobile devices.
Our vision is to deliver care at home to all patients, in any geography, in any language. We assist patients in taking and submitting health readings (blood pressure, spirometry, and more) that are key to early detection and prevention of issues, and that ultimately lead to improved outcomes for the patient. The apps enable patients to stay in touch with their health care professionals (HCP) through chat and video, for example as doctors and nurses make their daily rounds virtually, or for patients to reach out if they need to talk to their care team. Patients come with a wide range of demographics, technical skills, and health conditions. We are building our apps to help them all.
A day in the life
Our team focuses on building our core patient experiences and using existing solutions in other areas. We expect the team to evolve our technologies, improving patient experiences and streamlining the way we deliver our mobile apps.
- Our front end consists of mobile native code, hybrid ionic capacitor, Angular, Figma designs
- Our apps communicate with RESTful web services running in AWS
- We use a variety of tools such as GitHub, npm, BitRise, and more
Responsibilities span the software lifecycle from architecture, design, TDD/BDD, implementation to app store review and observability when released. We use an agile/scrum methodology to iterate, learn, and refine. You will partner with the UX design and other teams to deliver the full set of features to our customers and their patients. If you're inquisitive, creative, collaborative, and strive to continually improve we want to hear from you. By working at Current Health you have the ability to make a positive impact on patients' lives.
We want to hear from you if you have:
- End to end ownership of mobile application development
- Strong experience in delivering applications to the Google play store and app distribution process
- A passion for the development of new features, bug fixes and test automation
- Excellent communication skills to ensure smooth collaboration with the other Mobile Engineers and our testing team to ensure timely release of new features
- Strong product mindset - you build and design with the patient in mind, thinking beyond the technical aspects of the app
- You enjoy mentoring and coaching other team members
- Work in an Agile/scrum environment using Test and Behaviour Driven Development
- Demonstrated automated testing within a Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery
- Bachelor's degree in IT, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Experience in the healthcare industry or have worked with Ionic hybrid apps
- Experience in developing iOS applications
- Choose your own equipment
- Bike to work scheme
- Season rail ticket loan
- Remote and flexible working
- Enhanced paternity and maternity leave
- Wellness and Mental Health coach
- Weekly snacks
- 33 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Social/Team events
- Allowance towards co-working space for fully remote employees
- Initial screen
- Technical interview
- Interviews with management