My client, a well-established business with a global presence business is looking for a driven and experienced Infrastructure Engineer to join their growing Global IT Team.
There will be a blended approach to home/office working from my client's head office on the border of Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire. The successful candidate must also be willing to do some travel domestically and potentially internationally although this will be rare.
This is a full time, permanent role paying GBP45,000 - GBP50,000 plus a bonus and comprehensive company benefits package.
- Prioritise production/business critical issues and escalate issues to the appropriate global technical staff
- Develop, publish and adhere to standards, policies, and procedures
- Maintain network based applications/services
- Install, configure and support Microsoft operating systems and environments
- Monitor and support Active Directory
- New server purchases, set up, configuration and installation
- On-going maintenance, system checks, security set up and support for existing systems
- Monitor and ensure success of backup processes
- Actively involved in problem resolution, follow-up, testing, workarounds and equipment suggestions
- Assist in the inventory of all hardware and software resources
- Provide remote and on-site technical support and potentially emergency on-call support as needed
- Perform accurate and timely updates of tickets in the company tracking system
Key Skills and Experience required:
- Excellent knowledge of Windows operating system (Windows 7 & Windows 10), Windows Server 2012, 2016 and 2019 and Office 365
- Solid knowledge of VMWare 5.5 and VMWare 6.5 Maintenance/updates/security/HA
- Strong experience managing SAN storage (EMC Unity)
- Knowledge of file server maintenance and management from a security basis (Shares and file/folder access)
- Knowledge of iSCSI and server cluster services
- Good knowledge of NetBackup 8.x, Veeam 11
- General data center environmental requirements for day to day operations
- Knowledge of VLAN/DHCP/DNS/UDP/TCP/ports
Please apply via the link of contact (see below) for more information
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.