Senior Care Support Workers
An opportunity has arisen to join Abbotsound Ltd as Care Support Workers. We would welcome preferably full time carers for BOTH DAY AND NIGHT SHIFTS – but there are also opportunities for bank staff covers. We provide residential/respite accommodation, supported accommodation and a lively day centre for adults with autism, learning and physical disabilities. The company also provides a heated swimming pool for client use.
Our recent CQC inspection awarded "good in all categories".
- Full Time Contracted to 42 hours average per week – based on 12 hour shifts of alternate 36 and 48 hour weeks.. Shifts are available for both day and night shifts and candidates will be expected to work alternate weekends per rota.
- Provide support to residents with physical and learning disabilities including autism
- Be experienced in the administration of medication to our clients -preferred but training can be arranged.
- Work with other care workers to plan and evaluate work objectives and practices.
- Follow the individuals' care plans and report any changes/concerns
- Previous experience of caring for adults with physical/learning difficulties which includes autism would be preferred. However, there will be provision for training towards each relevant NVQ level and training given on medication, food hygiene, first aid etc on a regular basis.
- NVQ Level 3 or above in Social Care preferable – but training can be offered to entrants to the care profession.
Candidates must have good command of communications skills in spoken, listening and written English
- Have a positive outlook on life and a passion to care for others.
- Be resourceful and able to "think outside the box"
- Adaptable and versatile - being able to work alone and as part of a team
- Taking pride in your work, with attention to detail and reliability are essential to this role.
We offer a contributory pension scheme and support career development opportunities.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £12.00 -£14.00 per hour
Reference ID: elisa hamlet care workers
Apply for Senior Care Support Workers
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly