Salary Range: £30,460 to £45,266 per annum
Mode: Full Time, Permanent
Job Ref: CUEL000155
Our Estates department of Coventry University are looking to recruit an Electrical Engineer to join their busy property management team. As an Electrical Engineer (Development), you will work with the Group’s Senior Electrical Engineering Manager on a wide range of capital development and maintenance upgrade schemes, this will involve working with external consultants and carrying out the design and preparation of specifications in house for selected projects.
You will provide a complete project management service from inception to handover for Electrical Building Service projects, this will include adaptations, renovations and new build from around £10k up to around £1m.
You will be expected to take full responsibility for the day-to-day management of such projects.
You will be responsible for advising the organisation on all aspects of electrical engineering for new capital works and alterations to existing building, ensuring sustainable, low carbon schemes are implemented and energy usage minimised by good design and installation practices.
You will also assist, where necessary with the long term planned maintenance contracts to ensure statutory compliance and that the University’s legal obligations are met.
- Hold a BTEC HNC or equivalent qualifying experience in a relevant discipline.
- Extensive design experience in electrical building services, including fire alarms and security.
- Extensive project and contract related experience on a wide range of schemes.
- Experience of working to, and meeting, challenging budgets and programmes.
- Use of Building Management Systems.
- Flexible approach to solving construction related problems.
- Have a good understanding of the Client/Consultant liaison process.
- Ability to use Microsoft 365 to an advanced level.
- Ability to use AutoCAD and Revit products to an advanced level.
- Ability to use industry standard calculation software (Dialux, Trimble MEP – Formerly Amtech etc.) to an advanced level.
As one of Coventry's biggest employers, we offer some impressive benefits including an excellent pension scheme and generous holiday allowances. As a member of staff you can see the benefits from a huge range of products and services, including supermarket shopping, restaurants and visitor attractions. We also offer childcare vouchers, discounted rates on healthcare plans, gym membership, and advice on healthy living.
To apply please visit our website by clicking apply.
Closing date: 29/05/2022