Deals Tax Advisory Manager
We are looking to make a strategic hire of an experienced corporate tax manager/senior manager to help manage the continued and sustained growth in the number, size and complexity of tax due diligence and M&A structuring assignments that we are undertaking. Over time we are looking for the successful candidate to take a prominent leadership role in the provision of M&A tax services for Mazars in the UK.
There is tremendous long-term opportunity for the right candidate to further their career with a challenger firm in this exciting and fast-paced area of Tax. There are genuine career progression opportunities and partner support will be given to the right candidate to help them realise their long-term career ambitions.
The candidate should have a strong technical background in Corporation Tax, good report writing skills and has demonstrated effective leadership skills in their current role. Tax due diligence and structuring experience, whilst desirable is not essential. The role is based in Milton Keynes but as we have flexible working arrangements and operate a hybrid office model we can accommodate the right candidate, wherever they are based.M&A Tax Overview
The M&A Tax team focusses on two areas, the provision of tax due diligence services and the delivery of tax structuring advisory opportunities that arise from this due diligence work. It operates within our Tax line of service.
In relation to tax due diligence, the Milton Keynes team service the tax requirements from the large Transaction Services team based in Milton Keynes and throughout the UK. The team also helps provide UK tax due diligence work for other parts of the global Mazars network as part of larger cross border transactions.
As the volume, deal size and complexity of the deals that we are working on has increased in recent years, the demand for additional tax structuring advice has increased exponentially. In past year we have worked on numerous GBP100m plus deals for large corporate and private equity acquirors which have given rise to significant and complex tax structuring projects.
We are investing significantly in our M&A Tax services so as we can keep pace with the continued grow in our Transaction Services and Corporate Finance parts of our business.Job Purpose
As a Deals Tax Advisory Manager you will be responsible for providing tax due diligence and M&A tax advisory services as part of a specialist team working solely on corporate transactions. You will be working closely with the clients (both UK and overseas) based, Target businesses and the Mazars client teams. You will be a prominent client facing member of the team and will be committed to providing exception client service. You will be part of a team lead by an M&A Tax director and working closely with our Tax Advisory partners based in Milton Keynes and throughout the UK. The role is a leadership position and we are expecting candidates to have experience of leading teams and reporting directly to partners.
Role and Responsibilites
- Working with the M&A Tax Director and Tax Advisory Partners to lead the delivery of tax due diligence and M&A tax structuring services to clients, ensuring client deliverables are prepared to a high technical standard prior to their final review.
- Developing strong working relationships with Mazars' financial due diligence and corporate finance teams
- Project management ensuring that tax due diligence and structuring work is delivered to client deadlines
- Reviewing work prepared by junior members of the team.
- People management, including, being responsible for appraisals and continuous feedback, coaching and development.
- Assisting with the identification of tax structuring opportunities on due diligence work and the conversion of due diligence targets to full-service tax clients
- Assesses, produces and documents high quality work in line with the Firm's policy and processes, meeting relevant regulatory requirements.
- Maintaining up to date technical knowledge.
- Ensuring WIP analysis and billing are kept up to date.
- Holds relevant professional qualification such as ACA or CTA (or equivalent) with extensive experience of UK taxation
- Demonstrates broad and strong technical tax knowledge, particularly in relation to M&A activity. Experience of tax due diligence whilst desirable is not essential.
- Awareness of international tax, personal tax and VAT issues that could have an impact on M&A transactions.
- Good client handling technique including excellent written and presentation skills.
- Able to build good relationships with members of the team, both in Tax and Transaction Services, including experience of mentoring and developing people.
- Ability to identify issues through sound analysis and application of commercial acumen in all situations.
- Takes ownership of projects, effectively delegates to others within the team and takes responsibility for quality control and delivery to tight deadlines.
- Ability to communicate and explain complex tax issues and risks to non-tax persons (both clients and other professional advisers), both verbally and in written form
- Experience of identifying advisory opportunities for business development arising from tax due diligence work and across other service lines.
- Broad experience of managing the financials on clients and adjusting the approach to work depending on the budget.
- Has demonstrated leadership skills in their career to date and willing to take on greater responsibilities in the future.
At Mazars inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We recognise that being an inclusive and diverse organisation makes us stronger as a business.
We seek to attract and recruit people who reflect the diverse nature of our clients and communities, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, nationality, faith or belief, social background, age and disability. Mazars selects candidates based on skills, knowledge, qualifications and experience.