Employment Tax Manager
Mazars provide bespoke advice in all areas of taxation, helping our clients to navigate the ever-changing complexities of tax codes domestically and globally in order to meet their commercial needs. Mazars help them ensure they are fulfilling all their obligations and paying the correct amount of tax. In this way we help them to manage an area of significant financial and reputational risk and to make properly informed decisions about their tax position.
There are currently Manager and Senior Manager opportunities arising as part of our continued expansion of the London corporate tax advisory team. Our team is building on years of continued growth, with a specific focus for recruiting the right individuals to support our large corporate clients.
We are a rapidly growing team which has meant we have opportunities at the Manager and Senior Manager level in particular to accelerate our exciting plans over the next 5 years. Our profile has increased and with it, our pipeline of work in the large corporate and international tax space. We are looking for enthusiastic, driven individuals to be able to take ownership of and develop existing and new relationships and opportunities that arise.Job Purpose
As a Corporate Tax Advisory Manager or Senior Manager you will be responsible for leading our teams in providing the full range of tax advisory services to our larger corporate clients. The role will involve covering both domestic and international clients providing an opportunity for those with both purely UK as well as cross-border experience. You will be working closely with the clients both UK and internally based and the Mazars client teams and be committed to providing exception client service.
Currently, our larger corporate advisory tax team deliver across transactional taxes, structuring and other ad hoc advisory services to support our client's business needs. The opportunity is to join a successful existing team with a strong potential for future growth, in order to continue the success and development of the tax advisory business. The role will centre around building strong client relationships, delivering technical excellence and the development of our team. Within Mazars, the role has the potential for continued career development and the ability to progress as part of the expansion of our wider tax advisory practice.
As part of the current roles, we are particularly looking for individuals with strengths in either:
- transaction taxes, covering both due diligence and also wider transaction tax support including structuring and other ad hoc advisory services. One of our key market areas of focus is across the real estate and infrastructure sectors,
- international taxes, supporting our portfolio of listed and international business in meeting their global tax advisory needs.
The nature of the team and the client opportunities mean that we are able to build a role around the right candidates to offer a varied experience covering a number of corporate disciplines.Role & Responsibilities
Based on the current team requirements, the role will comprise the following elements:
- Leading on the provision of tax advisory services to our clients, with responsibilities for successfully delivering complex tax advisory assignments;
- Being the main day to day point of contact on a portfolio of tax advisory clients.
- Responsible for all engagement aspects, including negotiating scopes, agreeing fees, delivery of high quality advice to client deadlines and ensuring appropriate risk management;
- Co-ordination and project management of multiple teams, across both the core discipline of corporate tax, but also including teams of specialists across different service lines as well as global teams through the Mazars global network;
- Running and developing client relationships across both our existing client base, but working across our different service lines in going to market together in our key sectors to develop new opportunities;
- Contributing as part of the management team to the development and operation of the wider tax team within London;
- Coaching, training and managing the junior team members, as part of their on-going career development within Mazars;
- Monitoring financial performance of engagements and the wider team, identifying opportunities to improve our performance and implementing strategies to achieve these goals;
- Maintaining and enhancing the strong risk management and high technical quality environment which has been established as part of the London team.
- Holds relevant professional qualification such as ACA or CTA (or equivalent).
- Strong project management skills, with a track record of leading teams on complex assignments.
- Demonstrates broad and strong technical tax knowledge and experience.
- Able to build good relationships with both clients and members of the team.
- Excellent interpersonal and client handling skills.
- Experience of mentoring and developing people.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to think creatively, generate innovative ideas, develop new initiatives and methodologies.
- Ability to identify issues through sound analysis and application of commercial acumen in all situations.
- Provides assistance, shares experience, provides meaningful feedback and proactively supports the development of others.
- Takes ownership of projects, effectively delegates to others within the team and takes responsibility for quality control.
- Broad experience of managing the financials on clients, monitoring financial performance, identifying overruns and successfully negotiating fees with clients.
- Experience of identifying and converting opportunities for business development on tax clients and across other service lines.
- Has an awareness of international tax issues and how that impacts UK companies.
- Experience in either the real estate or infrastructure sector would be desirable, but not essential.
- Experience in transactions would be desirable, but not essential.
At Mazars inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We recognise that being an inclusive and diverse organisation makes us stronger as a business.
We seek to attract and recruit people who reflect the diverse nature of our clients and communities, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, nationality, faith or belief, social background, age and disability. Mazars selects candidates based on skills, knowledge, qualifications and experience.