Support Worker - North West - Greater Manchester
Full Time, permanent
Salary - GBP21,010 per annum
Hours - 40 hours per week, this Includes 5 paid lunch hours and GBP1000 unsociable hours
Location - Greater Manchester - with a need and willingness to travel across the region.
Are you looking for a role where you can make a difference to someone's life?
Are you a keen problem solver, and thrive on partnership working to ensure the best care for your clients?
Are you pa ssionate about empowering people with complex needs?
Nacro is a national social justice charity with more than 50 years' experience of changing lives, building stronger communities, and reducing crime - and you could now help us make an even bigger impact going forward!
Nacro currently has an exciting Support Worker opportunity within a fast paced Ministry of Justice commissioned contract - BASS (Bail Accommodation and Support Service). BASS provides support and accommodation in the community to people in contact with the criminal justice system.
You will provide flexible, holistic and short-term support to clients with a wide range of support needs, with the aim of them achieving their own accommodation at the end of their BASS placement. You will manage a caseload of clients in properties in your allocated patch of Greater Manchester, carry out property inspections and report repairs promptly to ensure we provide quality homes for our clients.
We are looking for someone with knowledge of support planning and safeguarding, and experience of working with vulnerable adults with complex needs (i.e. substance misuse and mental health). This role provides an excellent springboard into other criminal justice professions including experience of working with a range of criminal justice agencies. In addition, you will gain experience in liaising local authority Housing Benefit departments and the DWP to resolve payment issues.
The role offers flexible working in the community and you can work from home in between property visits. You will regularly meet with your team and manager to discuss and reflect on complex cases. You will be required to travel for training and team meetings.
- Co-develop and deliver person-centred support and safety plans with clients. These plans will complement support plans from other agencies involved in your client's care such as probation resettlement plans
- Capturing and evidencing service user progress, as well as recording regular contacts on their case file
- Undertake safeguarding activities including monitoring and reporting of safeguarding concerns, as well as liaising and working in partnership with relevant external agencies e.g. police, probation, local authorities and social services etc.
- Ensure a professional risk management plan is in place, which is regularly updated in line with any escalation of risk. This should evidence proactive agency involvement and sharing of information with relevant stakeholders
- Maximise rent collection by ensuring successful housing and other welfare benefit claims are submitted and maintained; taking proactive action to minimise rent arrears in line with targets; monitoring accounts and recording all actions, and where necessary taking appropriate action when arrears exceed tolerance levels in line with policy and procedure
- Ensure that routine property maintenance and damage is reported promptly to maintenance staff
- Minimise void time by taking a proactive approach to ensure properties are re-let as soon as possible in line with targets
A DBS check will be required for this role.
A full driving licence and own vehicle is required to be successful in this role
To apply, please visit our website via the button below.