We're currently seeking a Milton Keynes -based HR Advisor to work within a high output diagnostics laboratory environment. This is a fulltime opportunity to start as soon as possible, initially for 12 weeks with view for extension and long-term prospects, paying GBP18 - GBP20 per hour plus holiday pay.
You will be primarily dealing with employee relations duties; disciplinaries, probation reviews, performance reviews, complaints which need investigating and mediating. We would also like to help with improving processes and process mapping. You will also work in partnership across business areas as well as working collaboratively with the wider HR team to ensure a first-class HR service is delivered.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- You will be assisting the HR Business Partner with operational HR advice and administrative support, along with coaching and guiding the COVID laboratory management team.
- You will support the HR Business Partner in a 360-generalist capacity, with key focus on employee relations, advising managers on performance, absence, capability and disciplinary matters.
- Strong HR advisory and coaching on policies, procedures and best practice is key for this role, where managers will need close guidance on handling end to end people matters including investigations through to disciplinary.
- Equally, you will support employees of the business areas to understand company policies and procedures, refining in line with employment law and best practice, ensuring these are applied fairly and consistently across the organisation.
- You'll input into the design, writing and implementation of people policies, frameworks and projects that support business areas and the wider organisations.
- Experience of partnering with line managers to carry out operational people goals.
- Extensive experience in a HR role.
- CIPD qualified - desirable.
- Experience of facilitating workshops and discussions to enable decision-making.
- Detail orientated, strong knowledge of Employment Law but takes a pragmatic approach to problem-solving.
- Able to build positive relationships with a reputation for integrity and achieving results.
- Works collaboratively with managers at all levels.This represents a once in a lifetime opportunity to go above and beyond to support public health, while also extending your already accomplished technical skills and positioning your career for further success and growth.
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.