Credit Research Analyst (Support)
Aegon Asset Management (Aegon AM) is a leading global investor. Our 370 investment professionals manage and advise on assets of US$463.8 billion for a global client base of pension plans, public funds, insurance companies, banks, wealth managers, family offices and foundations.
We organize our firm around four investment platforms: fixed income, real assets, equities and multi-asset & solutions, which includes a fiduciary and multi-manager business. Each investment platform has dedicated teams with deep asset-class expertise, organized globally and committed to maximizing client benefit from their specialist areas.
We are an international business: Our 1,200 employees work from 15 locations across Europe, the Americas and Asia. We share a common belief in fundamental, research-driven active management, underpinned by effective risk management and a commitment to responsible investment.
Aegon Asset Management is seeking a Research Analyst to join our Global Credit Research team. Based in our Edinburgh, London, or Hague office, you will be responsible for providing quantitative and analytical support to senior credit analysts who are focused on investment grade corporate bonds. The candidate will be given the opportunity to develop their credit research skill set through formal and informal training. In addition, the candidate is also expected to help maintain and further enhance the credit research process.
- Develop understanding of fundamental credit research
- Provide support to existing credit research team across a range of industries, including, but not limited to, updating financial models and other ad hoc research requests
- Assist in the coverage of smaller holdings, including the analysis of earnings, news, financials, and other relevant information
- Maintain spreadsheets and databases that support the investment process
- Lead projects to further enhance the overall credit research process
- Display increasing ability to work independently, on a sustained regular basis
- Develop and maintain internal and external relationships
- Note: this role does not have primary coverage of companies, but this may occur as the individual's skill set evolves
- Research experience, investment industry experience
- Fluency with Microsoft Excel, Bloomberg, Capital IQ and/or SNL
- Familiarity with financial statement analysis
- Strong communication skills
- Degree level qualification
- CFA Charter
Job and compensation levels depend upon an applicant's qualifications including the extent of candidate's relevant experience and other job-related factors and will be determined by hiring supervisors/managers and HR.
At Aegon Asset Management, we are committed to fostering a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We are more than a global Asset Management firm - we are a people business, and we recognize that delivering excellent client outcomes comes from embracing diverse perspectives. We value diversity in the full range of human uniqueness without limitation
including race, gender, ability, language, culture, beliefs, age, origin, background, perspectives and experiences.
We are open to considering flexible working practices. Please talk to us about what this means for you.