Lots of jobs talk about development opportunities. This job is one.
It's with an FD who's looking for someone with a genuine interest in business and finance to join the team and, in time, grow into a number 2 role with on-the-job training and the support you need to complete AAT, CIMA, ACCA, or CPD studies.
So, what will you be doing?
You'll play a crucial role in helping complete basic daily tasks like inputting data and compiling information and also take on responsibility for processing a monthly payroll for just over 180 employees - a task that'll see you work closely with stakeholders across the business.
Other responsibilities will include assisting with the preparation of monthly accounts (including P&L, balance sheet and cashflow forecasts), budgeting and forecasting, payment processing, reconciliation, invoicing, and building key relationships with external advisors and suppliers.
It's a full-time role based at the firm's headquarters in Thurrock with standard working hours of 09:00 - 17:00.
Skills and experience you'll need
To do that, you'll need to have:
- Bookkeeping experience
- A developed understanding of accounting terminology, rules, and legislation
- Extensive experience with Sage50 Accounts and Sage Payroll
- Knowledge or experience of Xero
- Good proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite
- Proficiency with math
- Strong organisational and administrative skills
- High levels of attention to detail
What's in it for you?
In return for your hard work, you'll receive
- A salary of up to GBP32,000 dependant on experience
- Opportunities for progression & development, including support (both financial and time off) for relevant AAT, CIMA, ACCA, or CPD studies
- Competitive pension contributions
- Charitable & social events
- And more
About the business
The employer is a privately-owned healthcare transport provider with a wide range of vehicles and state of the art equipment that enables them to offer safe, sustainable services that meet the needs of each patient.
The caring, individual approach the firm reinforce through their services is also evident in the values they live and work by, emphasising teamwork, equality, honesty, compassion, and respect. An approach that has seen them recognised as one of the Best Employers in the Eastern Region and earned accreditation from Investors in People.
Start your application to join this award-winning employer today.