Are you a detail-oriented and accurate individual looking for a new role where you can grow and excel?
We currently have an opportunity available for a Reporting Accountant to join our team working in Exeter. Joining us on a full-time, permanent basis, you will receive a competitive salary dependent on experience/qualifications.
About the role:
As part of the Central Finance Team, ourReporting Accountant will support in the preparation of high-quality financial reporting in an accurate and timely manner and support in driving the ongoing improvement of business practices and performance across the team.
What you'll be doing as ourReporting Accountant:
- Monthly financial reporting (income statement/balance sheet/cash flow) to Group function
- Statutory accounts preparation for main company and subsidiaries
- Assisting with the statutory audit process - preparation of schedules & information requests for the interim and year-end statutory audits, coordination and liaison with auditors
- Assisting with preparation of regulatory accounts and associated schedules
- Liaising with Group Tax team, preparation of tax analysis and associated schedules
- Providing month and year-end finance support across the team
- Developing a detailed understanding of the reporting systems and controls and making improvements where required
- Analysing new accounting standards and their impact on the Company
- Analysing balance sheet and cash flow movements
- Supporting the implementation of best practice reporting & new reporting requirements
- Supporting the Finance & Accounting Manager in ensuring good governance and compliance with SWW policies and procedures
- Supporting the Finance & Accounting Manager with specific projects as required
- Supporting the wider objectives of the Finance team
- Other ad hoc tasks as required
What we are looking for in our Reporting Accountant:
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA Qualified (Newly qualified considered)
- Report Writing skills and succinct analysis of data
- Experience of preparing audit queries and dealing with audit requests
- Strong analytical and reporting skills
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritise
What's in it for you:
We know that the support and commitment of our staff is key to our success so you will receive the opportunity for ongoing development and training for a long-term career with us. We're one of the largest companies in the South West and are proud to have been awarded Investors in People recognition.
In return, we offer an excellent range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday allowance plus bank holidays
- A discretionary Bonus
- Competitive Contributory Pension
- Access to the Company Sharesave Scheme
- Various health benefits
- And more!
Be yourself, we like it that way. Together, we will build a culture of belonging, where inclusion is instinctive. Diversity is our strength and a reflection of our communities. We care, we value everyone, we celebrate uniqueness.
South West Water is part of the Pennon Group, a very successful and stable business that prides itself on sustainability. We provide reliable, efficient, and high-quality drinking water and wastewater services for a population of c. 1.7 million in Cornwall, Devon, and parts of Somerset and Dorset.
We believe that by investing in the future of our region, we are not only improving the quality of life for today's residents and visitors but are also taking responsibility for future generations. Responsibility for the environment is central to this. We aim to continually drive-up standards, particularly in the areas that matter most to our customers.
Our core values which are essential to our success are:
- Trusted - We do the right thing for our customers and stakeholders.
- Collaborative - We forge strong relationships working together to make a positive impact.
- Responsible - We keep our promises to our customers, communities, and each other.
- Progressive - We are always looking for new ways to improve and make life better.
Closing date: Friday 21st January 2022
If you are looking for a new challenge, please click apply now to be considered as our Reporting Accountant - we look forward to receiving your application.