Fantastic Exeter based business with a global reach seeks skilled Junior Buyer for new role in its growing organisation. Your role will be to proactively manage all purchasing activity for the extensive and diverse product portfolio of this high SKU international wholesale distribution business.
- Responsible for the delivery of Purchasing cost reductions through effective sourcing and negotiation with suppliers.
- Work with individual commodity managers on global sourcing strategy.
- Identify and communicate supplier diversity opportunities for a given commodity.
- Develop supplier relationships in existing and new territories.
- Continuous search for new suppliers according to different commodity strategies.
- Day to day support to internal stakeholders (Sales, Customer Service, Supply Chain,
- Quality, Product and Marketing) by providing a high quality and efficient service.
- Manage, develop and improve the end to end Purchasing function to obtain maximum value (cost, quality and service) from your supplier base.
- Analyse vendor performance failures, identify causal factors and implement appropriate corrective actions.
- Engage and assist with ongoing parts re-sourcing and group co-sourcing programmes and initiatives.
- Continually assess and review the supply base capability to deliver price, quality and service excellence to the business and evaluate opportunities and risks.
- Regularly report to line management on work status, initiatives and ongoing projects.
- Any other reasonable duties as directed by your Manager or Group Purchasing Manager.
To be chosen for the role you must possess the following skills/experience:
- Ability to work under own initiative as well as within a team to meet targets and deadlines
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Good IT skills, mainly in MRP systems, mainframe ERP and Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of purchasing process is essential.
Salary GBP23,000 - GBP27,000 + Excellent Benefits
Butler Rose is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Butler Rose Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.