Are you a Graduate looking for the next move in starting and growing your career?
Part of the Pennon group, at South West Water we believe that the strongest businesses are built on solid, stable foundations - with a vision and a culture that gives them the freedom to change, improve and innovate. We're responsible for providing reliable, efficient and high-quality drinking water and wastewater services for the beautiful South West area. And we have huge ambitions. Not only are we committed to reaching net-zero by 2030, but we've also partnered with wildlife charities, National Parks and local partners to help ensure a better future for generations to come. So, if you want to be part of a diverse team where opportunities flow and fresh ideas are welcomed, #JustAddWater.
We currently have opportunities available for an EngineeringGraduate to join our Engineering team in Exeter. Joining us on a full-time, permanent basis, you will receive a competitive salary of GBP25,500 per annum, increasing to GBP30,000 over the 2 years, plus excellent benefits including relocation support and an annual bonus.
What's it all about?
The Engineering Graduate Scheme is a 2-year programme that provides an opportunity to put your degree to good use by gaining valuable hands-on experience across a broad range of critical business activities in our Engineering Directorate before looking to specialise.
Working with existing teams, the programme will comprise 6-month rotations through four of the following areas:
- Programme Development
- Developer Services
- Engineering Delivery
- Estates, Commercials & contracts
What you'll be doing:
- Programme Development: You will gain an understanding of wastewater networks and the environmental challenges these networks must overcome
- Delivery:You will assistant project management and project coordination of planned "Mechanical, Electrical, Instrumentation, Control and Automation" (MEICA) projects
- DeveloperServices: You will deliver projects for New Appointee Variation (NAV) and Self Lay (SLP) in accordance with industry guidance. You'll gain an understanding of clean and waste networks and the options developers have in the delivery of those assets
- Energy: You will support the Energy Team in the delivery of Net Zero ambitions. You'll also, assist the development of smarter Energy & Carbon reporting, monitoring and efficiency opportunities, developing and delivery of feasibility studies
- Commercials& Contracts: You'll be working with a variety of SME's and SWW partners, providing NEC contract management support services for one-off, bespoke and framework contracts, whilst ensuring commercial governance is assured for investments
- Estates: The focus here is to enable access to third-party land to supply water and sewerage services
What we are looking for:
- Educated to degree level in Engineering or energy-related subject
- Motivated, passionate, adaptable and driven to achieve goals and objectives
- Flexibility is important, you'll be joining a large and busy team
- You should expect to be taken out of your comfort zone and discover something new all the time -a can-do attitude and a willingness to learn will be key
- Excellent numeracy and analytical skills, with the ability to consider data and evidence, the ability to draw out implications of different options and make recommendations
- Understand, or interest in learning about, the regulatory aspects of the water industry
- Able to work accurately, prioritise work and manage time effectively
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing to colleagues including senior managers
What's in it for you:
We know that the support and commitment of our staff is key to our success so you will receive the opportunity for ongoing development and training for a long-term career with us. We're one of the largest companies in the South West and are proud to have been awarded Investors in People recognition.
In return, we offer an excellent range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday allowance plus bank holidays
- Relocation Support
- A discretionary Annual Bonus
- Competitive Contributory Pension
- Access to the Company Sharesave Scheme
- Various health benefits
- And more!
Be yourself, we like it that way. Together, we will build a culture of belonging, where inclusion is instinctive. Diversity is our strength and a reflection of our communities. We care, we value everyone, we celebrate uniqueness.
Our core values which are essential to our success are:
- Trusted - We do the right thing for our customers and stakeholders.
- Collaborative - We forge strong relationships working together to make a positive impact.
- Responsible - We keep our promises to our customers, communities, and each other.
- Progressive - We are always looking for new ways to improve and make life better.
Closing date: 20th February 2022
If you are looking for a new challenge, please click apply now to be considered as our EngineeringGraduate - we look forward to receiving your application.