Graduate - Investor Relations
Are you a Graduate looking for the next move in starting and growing your career?
Part of the Pennon group, at South West Water we believe that the strongest businesses are built on solid, stable foundations - with a vision and a culture that gives them the freedom to change, improve and innovate. We're responsible for providing reliable, efficient and high-quality drinking water and wastewater services for the beautiful South West area. And we have huge ambitions. Not only are we committed to reaching net zero by 2030, but we've also partnered with wildlife charities, National Parks and local partners to help ensure a better future for generations to come. So, if you want to be part of a diverse team where opportunities flow and fresh ideas are welcomed, #JustAddWater.
We currently have an opportunity available for a Graduate to join our Investor Relations team in Exeter. Joining us on a full-time, permanent basis, you will receive a competitive salary of GBP25,500 per annum, increasing to GBP30,000 over the 2 years, plus excellent benefits including relocation support and an annual bonus.
What's it all about?
The Investor Relations team is responsible for the communication of information between the Company, financial markets and wider investment community. The Investor Relations Graduate will assist the Head of Investor Relations in shaping engagement with the Company's external stakeholders including 'sell-side' and 'buy-side' communities, and at times, the financial media.
You will play an important part in developing and executing the IR programme and all day-to-day investor relations activities. You will act as a point of contact for analysts and shareholders, including responding to queries and meetings requests, logging all external contact within our Nasdaq management system along with coordinating input from the wider business on accurate and consistent responses.
What you'll be doing:
- Working closely with Pennon's Brokers to arrange post-results roadshows and events, ensuring appropriate investor targeting
- Maintaining and building strong relationships, including analyst and investor interest in the Company - including co-ordinating sell-side, buy-side and private client investor meetings and assisting with the creation of new investor interest, where appropriate
- Supporting the Head of Investor Relations in ensuring a clear and consistent message is conveyed to the investment community, through the development and co-ordination of key messages
- Proactively updating and maintaining the Investor Relations engagement programme
- In-depth involvement on key financial calendar events including the Annual Report, Full Year Results, Half Year Results, Trading Statements and Capital Markets events
- Research and maintain accurate databases of investors and analysts
- Managing and developing the IR website, webcast and other digital communications
- Obtaining robust and accurate verification for key documentation for external publication
What we are looking for in you:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, preferably in a business, marketing, finance or economics-related subject
- Confident, proactive and flexible with a willingness to develop and learn
- Resilient, with the ability to perform well under pressure
- Outstanding verbal communication skills enabling effective communication with key internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent written and analytical skills - ensuring information is accurate and appropriate for the audience, including the Board and key external stakeholders
- Exceptional organisational skills with a highly detail-oriented approach
- Proficiency in MS Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to adapt to different and changing work priorities, timings of meetings and deliverables
- Ability to work effectively in both a team and under own initiative
- Numerate with the ability to understand financial reports and study daily financial markets
- Able to work accurately, prioritise work and manage time effectively
What's in it for you:
We know that the support and commitment of our staff is key to our success so you will receive the opportunity for ongoing development and training for a long-term career with us. We're one of the largest companies in the South West and are proud to have been awarded Investors in People recognition.
In return, we offer an excellent range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday allowance plus bank holidays
- Relocation Support
- A discretionary Annual Bonus
- Competitive Contributory Pension
- Access to the Company Sharesave Scheme
- Various health benefits
- And more!
Be yourself, we like it that way. Together, we will build a culture of belonging, where inclusion is instinctive. Diversity is our strength and a reflection of our communities. We care, we value everyone, we celebrate uniqueness.
Our core values which are essential to our success are:
- Trusted - We do the right thing for our customers and stakeholders.
- Collaborative - We forge strong relationships working together to make a positive impact.
- Responsible - We keep our promises to our customers, communities, and each other.
- Progressive - We are always looking for new ways to improve and make life better.
Closing date: 20th February 2022
If you are looking for a new challenge, please click apply now to be considered as our Investor Relations Graduate - we look forward to receiving your application.