Class 2 Driver
Class 2 Driver
Hull, East Yorkshire
We are FCC Environment, one of the nation’s leading waste and resource management companies. Committed to sustainability, we strive to minimise the amount of waste that ends up in landfill by transforming it into valuable resources wherever possible.
We own and operate more than 200 recycling, treatment and disposal facilities and employ nearly 2,400 people across the UK.
We’re now looking for a Class 2 Driver to join our team on a permanent, full-time basis.
- Competitive salary
- 20 days’ holiday per annum
- Company sick pay
- Pension scheme and life insurance
- Flexible benefits including high street savings, cycle to work scheme and Gymflex membership
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme and the Best Doctors Service
- Peer to peer recognition scheme
- Training and development opportunities
This is a fantastic opportunity for a qualified heavy vehicle driver to develop their career whilst positively contributing to our mission of reducing waste and turning it into brilliant resource.
There has never been a better time to join our team; as we grow, you will grow with us. We will invest in you, offering structured training and development, and encouragement and support, enabling you to achieve more than you ever thought you could.
So, if you want your next role to benefit you and the environment, we want your enthusiasm and skills and, together, we can achieve our goals. Apply today!
As a Class 2 Driver, you will drive our roll on/off vehicles in a professional, safe and competent manner, ensuring that waste is transported effectively.
You will undertake vehicle checks, reporting any defects, as well as carrying out safe and secure loading practices, without overloading.
Your role will also involve:
- Following the current drivers hours regulations, taking adequate resting time
- Keeping your vehicle clean and tidy at all times
- Maintaining records of loads, vehicle movements, fuel, weight tickets and transfer notes
To be considered as a Class 2 Driver, you will need:
- A Driver Certificate of Professional Competence with a minimum of 35 hours
- Digital tachograph experience
- The ability to work as part of a team
- An adaptable approach and excellent interpersonal skills
- A valid, full Class 2 driving licence
Waste management experience would be beneficial to your application.
Other organisations may call this role Waste Management Driver, Class II Driver, Truck Driver, Lorry Driver, HGV Driver, or Waste Logistics Driver.
Webrecruit and FCC Environment are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you want to put your driving skills to the test for our worthy company as a Class 2 Driver, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.