Finance Assistant – Grade 3, £19,698 – £21,748 (Pay award pending)
36.66 hours per week / full year (flexible working considered)
An exciting opportunity to join a small, friendly finance team within an Ofsted ‘outstanding’ school. Under the direction of the Finance Team Leader, the successful applicant will undertake financial administration tasks, resolve operational queries and ensure efficient record keeping, all to a high degree of accuracy.
We are looking for a candidate who:
- is confident in using Microsoft Excel
- has excellent attention to detail
- can demonstrate sound communication and organisation skills
- preferably has financial or school administrative experience although this is not essential as full training will be given
- is methodical, analytical and can objectively review processes, making recommendations for improvement as appropriate
- is hardworking and displays excellent team spirit
Working for The Blue Coat School means that you would be part of the Cranmer Education Trust, a successful, growing Trust which prides itself on family values and looking after its people. Alongside Blue Coat, the Trust is made up of St Anne’s Academy in Middleton and two primary schools - East Crompton Saint George’s and Mayfield Primary - both of which have been judged as ‘good’ by Ofsted. The Trust also incorporates a teacher training school and the East Manchester Teaching Hub; both of which support the training and development of new and existing teachers across the North West of England. The Trust is also opening a new secondary school in Oldham in 2022 for 1,200 pupils. For further details please visit https://careers.cranmereducationtrust.com/.
As a Trust we offer:
- Opportunities for professional and career progression
- LGPS career average pension scheme including life insurance and dependent's pension
- Generous holiday entitlement, increasing with length of service
- Central Oldham location close to good transport networks
The Blue Coat School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The Cranmer Education Trust follows safer recruitment practices. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020 and appointment is therefore subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service.
For further information please refer to:
- the Cranmer Education Trust’s Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy Trust Policies | Cranmer Education Trust.
- The Trust’s statement on the employment of ex-offenders, in the job details’ documents section.
- The job description and person specification for further information regarding the safeguarding responsibilities of the role.
Closing date for applications: 19th January 2022 at 9am
Interviews: 25th January 2022