Job Title: Helpline Adviser
Employer: Devon Carers, Westbank Community Health and Care
Salary: £17,674.29 (FTE)
Contract: This is a fixed-term contract to 30th April 2023
Location: Exminster; currently homeworking following an induction period of 6 weeks
Hours: Full and part time hours available
Are you an enthusiastic individual looking to work for an award-winning organisation that makes a real difference to the lives of others?
We are looking for an eager and experienced person to join our busy and friendly, Contact Centre team.
Devon Carers is a service delivered by Westbank and is one of the largest and most successful carer’s services in the UK, providing information and support to over 22,000 unpaid carers of all ages. Westbank is a well-established charity based in Exminster that aims to promote and improve the health and wellbeing of people in the local community, across Devon and beyond.
We employ local staff to deliver the work of Devon Carers, across Devon, as part of an integrated service.
For more information about Devon Carers, please see our website - https://devoncarers.org.uk/
This is a varied role engaging and responding to carers needs, by providing support through various methods of contact including, telephone, email, and webchat, in a non-pressurised environment.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Helping carers to access our services
- Inputting data onto our database
- Making and responding to phone or electronic enquiries
- Signposting and/or referring carers for an assessment of their needs
- Providing cover for colleagues
To be considered you will need:
- Excellent communication skills, with an empathetic/understanding approach to carers and their needs;
- Sound knowledge of the Data Protection Act and GDPR;
- Experience of working in a call centre would be desirable;
- Good IT knowledge, with the ability to confidently use MS Office packages, and in-house databases;
- Experience of effectively working within a team;
- Flexible approach to working hours/days (due to the occasional Saturday working);
- To be reliable and punctual in all aspects of your work.
Please send us your current CV and a covering letter outlining how you meet the personal qualities and experience required, as detailed above.
An Enhanced DBS Check is required for this role
Apply for Helpline Adviser
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly