IT Support Engineer
6 days left
- Full Time
IT Support Engineer
Note: The official title for this role is Systems Support Analyst
Clinical School Computing Service
The Clinical School Computing Service (CSCS) is a specialist IT department that provides IT services & support to over 3,000 staff and students at University of Cambridge Biomedical Campus and other sites that subscribe to our services, both remotely and in person. We are one of the largest IT providers in the University of Cambridge with 39 staff, providing excellent opportunities to work with professional tools and enterprise systems.
Due to staff progression and additional projects, we now have vacancies for 3 x IT Support Engineers to join the team, either on a permanent basis or as an 18-month fixed term contract.
The role sits within the Systems Support team, whose responsibilities include:
- Providing 2nd line IT support for all devices, including their connectivity, hardware, software, and applications
- Offering guidance and individual training to customers on getting the best from their IT services.
- Resolving more complex support issues, as well as taking a proactive approach to ensure problems are avoided in the longer-term.
- Support for the high-quality audio-visual systems within the Clinical School.
- Mentoring team members to help develop skills and knowledge within the team.
- Opportunity to work on management systems, such as endpoint management, print management, and anti-virus systems.
- Participation in project work, from small system projects to large department projects.
You must be interested in working as part of a collaborative team, providing quality support in a complex but interesting environment.
To be successful, you should:
- Have excellent customer service skills.
- Be able to manage your priorities, time, and workload effectively.
- Have excellent troubleshooting skills with regards to Active Directory, Office/Microsoft 365, Windows and/or MacOS (although having Linux would be a bonus).
- Have experience in providing IT support across varied systems and work environments.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Enjoy helping people with their issues or requests and have a positive manner.
- Have a focus on continuous improvement, in terms of our systems, services and yourself.
We provide IT services from Monday to Friday between 8:30am & 5:00pm.
The team share the responsibility of providing that support across shifts within that time, working both onsite from our office on the Cambridge Biomedical Campus and remotely, on rotation.
We provide excellent opportunities for career development, hybrid working, 33 days annual leave (plus bank holidays), a generous pension scheme and a wide range of competitive benefits and services. Our staff also have access to internal University training, several online learning platforms as well as an allowance for external training courses.
Informal enquiries about the post may be directed to Philippa Hewett at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click 'Apply'
The closing date for applications for role is 30th January 2022.
Interviews will be held over Teams video call, later stages may include an in person interview.
Please ensure that you upload a covering letter and CV in the Upload section of the online application. The covering letter should outline how you match the criteria for the post and why you are applying for this role. The letter should include whether you are applying for the permanent, Fixed Term contract (or either position).
Please include details of your referees, including email address and phone number, one of which must be your most recent line manager.
Please quote reference RY28795 on your application and in any correspondence about this vacancy.
The University actively supports equality, diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from all sections of society.
The University has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.