Coach (Support Worker)
We are looking for a positive and supportive Coach to deliver person-centred, strengths-based support to residents, helping them progress and be as independent as possible.
- Assisting in the interview process for applicants for the service, assessing them as to their suitability, as well as completing inductions
- Developing and reviewing tailored packages of support to enable residents to develop a range of life skills in preparation for move on
- To work with residents to encourage involvement in the running of the service
- To identify and report safeguarding issues, health and safety issues and compliance to Stonewater’s Equality and Diversity policy.
- To monitor rent accounts and ensure that arrears owed by Housing Benefit or by the residents are dealt with speedily as per procedure.
- To ensure that regular building checks are completed to ensure the building complies with Health and Safety Regulations
- Through regular Room and Building Checks ensure that residents are living in physiologically informed environments.
There may be a requirement with this role for sleep in shifts.
The ideal candidate:
- Proven experience of working with young people within a similar role, with a knowledge of Homelessness and the impact on young people.
- Working knowledge of housing and benefits advice.
- Demonstrable experience of partnership working with specialist agencies such as mental health team, youth offending services.
- A natural relationship builder with the ability to motivate, influence and inspire.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to adapt your approach depending on your audience and required outcome.
- The ability to demonstrate a supportive approach to vulnerable young people maintaining dignity and respect.
- A comprehensive understanding of professional boundaries together with a high level of personal integrity
Appointment to this role will be subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service Check, satisfactory references and possession of a valid Right to Work document.
Stonewater is a leading housing provider. We manage around 33,600 homes, serving 75,000 customers across our portfolio of affordable properties for general rent, shared ownership and sale, alongside specialist accommodation, with an ambitious house-building programme.
Our mission is to provide quality homes and services for people whose needs are not met by the open market.
We’re looking for like-minded people to join our team of over 800 talented colleagues who embody our values of being ethical, ambitious, passionate, agile and commercial, as well as people who want to make a difference and transform people’s lives.
Stonewater supports equality of opportunities and are dedicated to being a diverse, inclusive, and supportive workplace.
Are you ready to #DiscoverStonewater?