Caretaker Team Leader
Based at one of our schemes in Southampton, the Caretaker Team Leader will be responsible for the management of on-site teams and the delivery of estate management services to residents across our Southampton schemes.
You’ll oversee a team of five Caretakers, some local and some further afield, and undertake a range of grounds maintenance and cleaning tasks, achieving set service standards and ensuring a clean, safe surrounding for our residents. You’ll also undertake minor DIY tasks, prepare empty rooms at our refuge, undertake visual fire risk assessments and complete monthly site inspections.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a motivated and committed self-starter with strong organisational skills.
- Have a passion to deliver exceptional customer service with minimal supervision.
- Have vocational training and certification on Grounds Maintenance, Machinery, Manual Handling and Working at Heights.
- Have experience of working in Grounds Maintenance / Cleaning environments.
- Understand Health & Safety principles and PPE requirements.
- Have basic DIY skills.
- Have previous experience of working with the public.
- Able to work collaboratively and communicate clearly and effectively.
- Be an effective and accountable decision maker that takes responsibility for ensuring customer enquiries are resolved in a timely manner.
Appointment to this role will be subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service Check, satisfactory references and possession of a valid Right to Work document.
Stonewater is a leading housing provider. We manage around 33,600 homes, serving 75,000 customers across our portfolio of affordable properties for general rent, shared ownership and sale, alongside specialist accommodation, with an ambitious house-building programme.
Our mission is to provide quality homes and services for people whose needs are not met by the open market.
We’re looking for like-minded people to join our team of over 800 talented colleagues who embody our values of being ethical, ambitious, passionate, agile and commercial, as well as people who want to make a difference and transform people’s lives.
At Stonewater we offer excellent benefits which help make us a great place to work!
- A retirement savings plan - up to 7% matched contribution rate
- Life assurance - 3.5x contractual pay
- Career development and progression opportunities
- Holiday starting at 26 days with the option to buy/sell
- Deals and Discounts on shopping, travel, optical etc.
- Healthcare cash plan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Annual Company Day
- Values Award celebration events
- Team building days
And much more…
Stonewater supports equality of opportunities and are dedicated to being a diverse, inclusive, and supportive workplace. We are a Disability Confident employer.
Are you ready to #DiscoverStonewater?