Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor
- Full Time
Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor
CUE Band Band 6
Job Family Senior Associate
Salary Range: £27,453 - £40,797 per annum
Mode: Full Time, Permanent
Coventry University was the Midland’s highest ranking University in the Guardian University Guide 2021 and was also named University of the Year for student experience in the Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2019.
We have an exciting opportunity within our Operations and Maintenance Team for a Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor to join our established team to carry out the delivery of planned and reactive maintenance on both the Mechanical and Plumbing systems across the University's estate.
This role will be responsible for managing compliance assurance on a range of assets and systems, including but not limited to Landlords’ Gas Safety Certificates. You will be the first point of contact for service colleagues and stakeholders to interpret and resolve complex infrastructure and technical problems on commercial HVAC systems.
You will lead on the development of commercial boiler maintenance schedules, ensuring compliance with recognised industry standards, health and safety legislation and delivering value for money.
You will also undertake emergency, planned and routine repairs to water supply and distribution systems, above and below ground drainage and make minor modifications to plumbing systems. As part of the role, you will be required to undertake investigatory fault finding and use initiative to find solutions and make repairs on a range of plumbing/heating and water supply services. This can also include plumbing installations, testing and commissioning in adherence with statutory regulations, industry best practice and Health & Safety procedures, including risk assessments.
Manage the delivery of training, teaching and/or development activities for stakeholders. This will involve reviewing technicians work, supporting complex fault finding and repairs and conducting tool box talks and training sessions.
- Good standard of education including GCSE English and Maths or equivalent
- Hold an NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Plumbing and Heating
- Higher level of qualification in a specified technical area
- Extensive experience of servicing and maintenance of mechanical systems.
- Experience of Building Management Systems (BMS) – preferably Siemens
- Knowledge and experience of ensuring compliance with regulatory and organisational policy and guidelines
- Experience of providing specialist advice and guidance to a range of customers and colleagues
- Ability to read and understand electrical Mechanical drawings
- Full Clean Driving Licence
Hold certificates/qualified in the following or equivalent:
- Unvented Hot water Storage Systems Certificate (G3)
- ACS (CCN1) (COCN1)
- Legionella Awareness Training
- Asbestos Awareness Training
- Experience on large commercial site
Coventry University will provide support to you in your career and working environment. As well as a competitive salary we have a range of impressive benefits some of which are; pension schemes, generous holiday allowances, flexible working, a childcare vouchers scheme, personal and professional development, employee networks and discounted membership to the University's bespoke £4m sport and recreation centre where the University offers a physiotherapy service for all staff.
Closing date: 23/01/22