Extrusion / Blown Film Operator
Job Title: Extrusion Operative
Salary:GBP10.50 to GBP11.50 per hour based on skills and experience
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
Flexipol supply packaging mainly into the food and medical industry.
The Company is now in its 28th year, and during this time the business has grown each year steadily, providing long term secure employment. The Company prides itself on its innovative approach to product design and manufacturing, along with an excellent reputation for high-quality customer service.
We solve our customers' toughest packaging challenges through our unique blend of technical collaboration, innovation and extraordinary service.
The extrusion department consists of several blown film lines including mono, co-ext and barrier machines, and run a variety of materials, blends, and products to meet customer requirements. To set up production equipment as effectively as possible & to contribute to the shift meeting demands in terms of production, waste, quality, housekeeping & health & safety.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Adhere to Health & Safety and Environmental Procedures and Regulations
- Meet production targets and customer deadlines.
- Complete daily checks
- Follow SWP's.
- Completes required production paperwork.
- Ability to work flexible hours on a continental shift pattern working through days, nights, and weekends.
- Self-motivated and can work under pressure
- A can-do attitude, able to overcome obstacles with a team approach
- Ability to follow instructions
- Good practical skills
Knowledge, Training and Experience required:
- Experienced extrusion machine operator competent in setting, problem-solving, output and performance
- Ideally somebody with experience of operating mono and co-ext blown film machines
- Somebody who is motivated, proactive & who has a positive approach to their work
- Somebody who is flexible & who will help to support the business deliver a high-quality customer service
- Health & Safety and Quality Awareness
- Excellent attendance and timekeeping
- Employee Assistance Program
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free Parking
- Life Insurance
- Employee Referral Scheme
Please click the APPLY button and to submit your CV and Cover Letter.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; hydraulic; tuber, rods, and film according to specifications: Installs dies, machine screws, and sizing rings, hand tools, Couples hose, die holder, circulate steam, water, air, or oil to die, Weighs and mixes pelletized, granular, or powdered thermoplastic materials, colouring pigments in tumbling machine according to formula may also be considered for this role.