Hardware Test Engineer
We have an exciting opportunity for a Hardware Test Engineer to join our client in the Medical Device sector in Cambridge. This will be a full time permanent role with flexible working.
Our client is expanding their software engineering team and are seeking a talented tester with experience in either physics or biology to join them and ensure their next generation devices are of the best quality.
In this role you will be part of the team tasked with designing, improving and evaluating the core platform. You will be responsible for testing system components and workflows, problem-solving, issue troubleshooting and analysis. You will also be responsible for running experiments in conjunction with cell biologists and scientists from other disciplines in order to validate the platform and deliver results to collaborators.
Your responsibilities will include:
Core experimental work and system tests
- Devise experiments and tests using the platform with a focus on the software infrastructure
- Operate, evaluate and troubleshoot breadboard instruments
- Run experiments as part of pilot programs and development tasks using the platform
- Analyse and evaluate data from experiments
System development and testing
- Devise, design and model concepts for improvements to the platform
- Configure and test optical breadboard instrumentation
- Configure and test microfluidics devices
- Test and evaluate software components, liaising closely with the software team
Collaboration and planning
- Participate in team technical discussions and problem-solving exercises
- Contribute to technical meetings
- Contribute to work plans and experiment designs
- Contribute to meetings with external collaborators
Communication and documentation
- Generate experimental records, SOPs, project plans and design records
- Prepare presentations and reports for audiences inside and outside the company, including for collaborators and clients
We would expect you to have:
- Experience of hardware/electronics/software testing, ideally on medical devices
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Experience with using, trouble shooting and debugging in house automation software
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent teamworking skills
- Experience in biological imaging, such as cell imaging
- Experience with optofluidics or droplet microfluidics
- Some experience with coding and software development
- Educated to degree level, with some familiarity of optical systems, fluidics and/or embedded control
If you are interested, please apply with a copy of your most recent CV and we can give you a call to discuss in detail.
SThree are committed to ensuring equal opportunities, fairness of treatment, dignity, work-life balance and the elimination of all forms of discrimination in the workplace for all staff and job applicants.