Are you a talented Civil Engineer with sales experience??
I am currently working with my client to recruit a new sales engineer to establish and grow their reputation as a supplier of choice for major projects specifically - Hs2
To promote a professional, proactive customer service ethos that leads to increased business opportunities on major projects, reporting directly to the Major Project Sales Manager.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
• Develop and maintain a large network of contacts across all departments in JV's, Tier 1 contractors and sub-contractors
• Identify opportunities within your network and convert to profitable revenue by submitting tender quotations as directed within specific limitations.
• Build on RMDK's reputation by working closely with clients and colleagues to provide a solution orientated, consultative approach.
• Regularly update Major Projects team with relevant project information, forecasting, weekly planner and monthly reports.
• Working closely with the technical and operations teams to track schemes from enquiry through to site.
• Promote demonstrable engineering capability and participate in lunchtime presentations.
• Ensure the promotion of other products through cross selling opportunities.
• When it is considered necessary or appropriate by management you may be required to carry out any duties considered within your skill and competence to assist the smooth running of the business.
• 3-5 years of experience in working in the civil industry, 2 years in sales preferred
• Knowledge of formwork, falsework and shoring systems used within the sector is strongly preferred.
• Technical understanding of RMDK Products and System
• PC literate with good knowledge of MS Office and standard programmes
• Has a professional, proactive, approach with the ability to work independently
• Has excellent written and communication skills, with experience in preparing and presenting proposals
• A proven track record in developing and maintaining professional relationships
• Understands the importance and advantages of working within a collaborative team environment
• A "can do, customer first" attitude
• The Major Projects Salesperson is part of the Major Projects Sales Team and will relate principally with the relevant sales managers and engineering teams.
• Good working relationships must be maintained within the various support functions within RMDK UK, i.e. Central operations, Purchasing, HR, Accounts and Credit Control.
42K - 45K Basic Salary + Comms + Company Car