FULL TIME FUNERAL OPERATIVE
As a well-established family business we are seeking a full-time Funeral Operative to be part of our small dedicated funeral team supporting Hull and East Yorkshire families through their time of bereavement.
The candidate will need to have previous experience within the funeral service industry, a full UK driving licence; be caring, compassionate, and of smart appearance.
You will need to be physically fit as the role involves heavy lifting.
- Collection of the deceased from hospitals and from within the community.
- Preparation and presentation of the deceased
- Preparing coffins
- Assisting families throughout the bereavement process
- Participating in an out of hours rota for deaths which occur over a weekend or during the night.
- Cleaning and preparing vehicles in for funerals.
- On occasions you may be required to be a driver/bearer at funeral services.
- General maintenance/cleaning of workshops and mortuary areas.
- Answering general enquiries in person and over the telephone in the absence of the funeral directors.
Hours of work: 8.30am – 5pm Monday to Friday including being part of the out of hours call out rota.
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience, additionally we operate a bonus scheme and call out/standby earnings.
Apply for Funeral Operative
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly