£34,304 - £40,927
Permanent, Full Time (35 hours per week)
About the Role
We are recruiting for Systems Developer to join our team based in Durham. This is a varied and exciting role where you will help to deliver innovative solutions and support transformational change in how our services are delivered in an increasingly digital environment.
Our Systems Developers work with a range of commercial and open source systems, supporting library, museum, archive and digital repository services across the University. The work involves:
- configuring and maintaining existing systems, including reporting on data
- creating integrations and developing web interfaces to support end-users and back-office processes
- developing search and discovery interfaces for the University’s rich physical and digital collections
- evaluating and testing new technologies, and gathering requirements from users
- troubleshooting and fixing problems with systems
The successful candidate will also be involved in a major project in the coming year involving the migration of the Library Management System to Ex Libris’s Alma and Primo VE products.
Our idea candidate will have:
- Experience of working within a similar role
- You’ll be educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject
- Excellent problem solver with the ability to resolve issues, plan solutions and make pragmatic decisions.
- Experience of delivering IT projects.
- Excellent time management with the ability to manage conflict deadlines.
- Ability to convey technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience of creating and maintaining complex relational databases, including good working knowledge of SQL would be advantageous
- Experience in systems integration, the use of APIs, data feeds, and scheduling automated tasks would also be advantageous
Rewards and Benefits
At Durham University, we have a fantastic range of rewards and benefits for our staff including:
- 30 days annual leave, plus 4 customary days and 8 bank holidays (pro-rata for part time) and the option to purchase additional leave;
- Automatic enrolment into a pension scheme;
- Corporate and local discounts;
- Wellbeing resources and discounted health benefits;
- Health discounts on sports and activities at Maiden Castle Health and Activity Centre;
- Reward and Recognition Schemes;
- Personal and career development;
- And SO much more