Legal Cashier Opportunity/ Southend-on-Sea / REF: 50450
A reputable regional practice is currently on the lookout for a legal cashier to join their team at their Southend-on-Sea office. Due to retirement, the firm is in need of an experienced legal cashier to step in and ensure the continued smooth operation of the team.
The successful legal cashier will preferably have at least 1 years previous experience in a legal cashier role within private legal practice and have the mindset of working towards a common goal and not be afraid to ask questions along the way. No formal qualifications are required.
* Current knowledge and experience of solicitor's accounts rules.
* Attention to detail.
* Processing CHAPS & BACS payments
* Keeping up to date with and working in accordance with the Solicitors' accounts rules.
* Data inputting into relevant accounts and computer systems.
* Raising and processing bills.
* Posting of business incomings and outgoings.
* Raising cheques for office and client account.
* Bank account reconciliations.
* Performing credit control duties.
* Assisting with month-end and year-end reporting.
* Assisting with the preparation and submission of VAT returns
* Assisting in the preparation of consultants' schedules and their billing and payments.
* Negotiable salary
* 20 days Holiday + BH. 1 extra days holiday added per year of service.
If you would like to apply for the role of Legal Cashier, please call Mandy Keryk or James Parker on or forward your most recent CV or.
Clayton Legal recruits for law firms and In-House departments across the UK. Based in the North West, our pedigree and service levels give those looking to move in the legal market and law firms looking to recruit a refreshingly different recruitment experience. You will work with experienced professionals, dedicated to your success. Take a look at our web site for our latest blogs and legal news and to keep up to date with current vacancies.