We have a great job for a Service Engineer / Area Support Technician in Grimsby for the UK's leading operator of Point of Care software and services. You will be covering hospitals in Grimsby, Boston, Humberside and the surrounding areas. A full and detailed specification will be provided on application.
About the Company
Our client's solutions are used in more than 130 sites across the NHS - patient engagement, WiFi and patient media.
Their services can deliver over GBP6m in annual savings for a typical 500 bed UK acute hospital, alongside improving patient care and supporting NHS initiatives, such as the Paperless NHS and digital inclusion.
About the Role
As Service Engineer / Area Support Technician, you will be the main customer facing technical contact for a local 'cluster' of designated Hospitals - both at bedside and with associated Ward staff and other key contacts on site. Each Service Engineer / Area Support Technician takes operational responsibility for their designated 'cluster' of circa 1500 beds and should be self-driven and committed to the maintenance and success of Hospedia services within their designated cluster.
The Service Engineer / Area Support Technician will have:
- A thorough technical knowledge of all equipment and related systems in addition to the soft skills that can offer a good personality fit within this customer facing, sites-based role
- Practical technical skills are key to the services and soft skills that include the ability to interact with genuine courtesy to build rapport and relationships
- To undertake local travel (although rarely wider UK travel) to all Hospital or Trust sites in a designated cluster that hosts Hospedia services and equipment.
About the Core Responsibilities
In the role of Service Engineer / Area Support Technician you will be responsible for:
- The maintenance and servicing of all Bed Side Units and other visible branded hardware to enable the delivery of desired entertainment and media services in a timely and effective manner
- Communicating and proactively interacting with the various 'Centre of Expertise' teams in the Company
- The stability and efficiency of the 'black box' elements of software/hardware and installations
- Create and agree with Team Leader variances to the ongoing weekly workplan
- Low level fault resolution to site systems - satellite receiver reboots, server restarts as examples.
About the Functional Accountabilities
- Successful management of the Bed side units (BSU) visible to customers to ensure elements of the equipment is fit for purpose and meets all H& S requirements
- Efficient monitoring of the estate and making appropriate decisions on whether fix or swap out to maintain and achieve optimum customer satisfaction
- Ward based activity including to investigate identified issues,test bed functionality (channels and telephony) and refresh all BSU that are visited
- Being courteous with a friendly greeting, identification and communication on arrival at bed side with customers (patients or possibly family) to reassure
- Providing cover and assistance for other nearby clusters in Region as required
About the Knowledge, experience and skills required
For the role of Service Engineer / Area Support Technician. there is no requirement for formal Engineering qualifications or experience although it is essential that you can demonstrate:
- A logical, 'hands-on', practical and in-depth understanding and approach to electrical and mechanical problems and how this impacts functionality and the necessary processes that need to be followed
- Clear competence with a range of hand tools and electrical testing kit to identify system faults quickly
- Experience of providing high levels of customer service, including engaging with customers and hospital/trust staff
- Ability to take a disciplined, reliable, honest, discreet and professional approach to work
- Track record of being highly organized, thorough and disciplined in approach to workload to effectively prioritise and resolve actions to meet targets and deadlines
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical issues to technical & non-technical people alike
- A good level of computer literacy, and/or keyboard skills, and knowledge of basic packages such as MS Office, Word and Excel
- Able to prepare and produce professional reports
- Flexibility of working hours, able to optimise time spent and offer out of hour's cover to regional clusters where/when required.
About the Hours & Rewards
In the role of Service Engineer / Area Support Technician, the normal hours of work are based on a shift pattern, working 40 hours per week, between the hours of 8am and 6pm. The Company is operational 7 days a week therefore weekend working may be required.
Statutory Bank Holidays are normal working days at our client's Hospital sites and Statutory and Company holiday entitlement may be booked on these days, or throughout the holiday year, with Line Manager approval. This role will require attendance at site in the event of a code red call-out outside of normal working hours, in line with the current Out of Hours procedure
For the role of Service Engineer / Area Support Technician, there is on offer:
- A salary of GBP20,000 per annum
- Car allowance and fuel
- 33 days including bank holidays
- Company Pension
- Company Healthcare Scheme - this is paid by the company
- Staff room (teas & coffees provided)
How to Apply
Please note that eRecruitSmart is advertising the role of Service Engineer / Area Support Technician, on behalf of the Hiring Company and your CV will be sent to the Hiring Manager who is responsible for the vacancy that you have applied t