Job Title: Childcare Manager
Department: Children, Youth and Families
Responsible to: Assistant Operations Manager - Early Years & Childcare
Location: YMCA Newark & Sherwood Community Activity Village
Hours: 37.5 hours per week to include weekends and evenings
Salary: GBP28,000 - GBP32,000 per annum (dependant on experience)
If you're an experienced Childcare Manager, then you could join us at the start of our exciting journey to launch the YMCA childcare facilities in Newark.
We're looking for someone that can lead, manage, inspire, and motivate a team for our 90+ space nursery and the before and after school provision at our brand-new YMCA Community & Activity Village.
The successful candidate in this exciting role will be instrumental in recruiting and training a team that will go on to establish the reputation of the YMCA childcare facilities that will be Ofsted registered.
Your experience will demonstrate an ability to provide high quality care and education for children and work in line with best practice Early Years Foundation curriculum and early learning goals.
You'll be responsible for new admissions, the 'settling in' process and able to demonstrate your ability to cater for the needs of children from diverse backgrounds and cultures, including children with special education needs.
The successful candidate will:
- Have demonstrable previous management experience in a large nursery setting
- Be able to work autonomously to oversee the day-to-day organisation of the setting and maintain a sustainable financial business model through attaining the maximum level of occupancy
- Have detailed knowledge of legislation and early year's guidance and understand the requirements of Early Years Foundation Stage framework
- Provide leadership and management for the nursery and before and after school care
- Have experience of mentoring and supporting staff teams in the delivery of a high-quality provision
- Be self-motivated, have excellent communication, and time management skills
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Closing date for this role is 22 December 2021.
Please download the application form and the job description at the bottom of this advert. Completed applications should be sent to
For more information on YMCA Newark & Sherwood and our workplace benefits please visit our website here .
Candidates will need to be available on 10 January 2022 for the first of a two-stage interview process. Second stage interview will then follow within this week.
YMCA Newark & Sherwood is committed to the safeguarding and promotion of welfare of children.
All positions are subject to individuals securing enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) clearance.