HGV & Motor Vehicle / Plant Mechanics
HGV & Motor Vehicle/Plant Mechanics (x 6)
2 x Night Shifts
- 38 hours per week
- Salary: £37,018 pa
- Shift Pattern: 22:00 – 06:15 (Mon – Thurs), then 18:30 on Friday – 02:00 on Saturday
2 x 4 X 4 Shift (4 days on / 4 rest days)
- 38 hours per week (average over 8 weeks)
- Salary: £33,820 pa
- Shift Pattern: 07:30 – 18:45 x 4 consecutive days
2 x Alternating Day Shifts
- 38 hours per week
- Salary: £30,833.00 pa
- Shift Pattern:
- Week 1 - 06:00 - 14:00 (Mon-Thurs) 06:00- 13:30 (Friday)
- Week 2 - 14:15 - 22:15 (Mon-Thurs) 13:00 - 20:30 (Friday)
All posts are based in the Fleet Workshop at Shearbridge Depot, Bradford, BD7 1PU
We have vacancies for 6 x qualified HGV & Motor Vehicle/Plant Mechanics to work in the Council’s Fleet Workshop. We are looking for competent individuals who can adopt a flexible approach to work in order that priorities and service deadlines may be met.
The priority for the HGV & Motor Vehicle/Plant Mechanic will be to carry out the maintenance and repair of a range of vehicles, machines and plant equipment to the required quality standards in an efficient, safe and cost effective manner.
It is essential that applicants:
- are an apprentice trained motor vehicle mechanic to City & Guilds 380/383 level 2, or NVQ Level 3 or alternatively have undergone other training to a similar standard
- hold a current driving licence category of LGV Class C or C & E
- have sound knowledge of welding procedures with at least 12 months’ experience in a similar environment
- are literate and numerate to a level to enable you to undertake the duties listed in the job profile
- can actively contribute to the maintenance of a healthy and safe working environment
- are reliable, co-operative, flexible and capable of reacting to fast changing circumstances
- have well developed customer service skills
- act with courtesy and professionalism at all times
- Physically demanding effort required on specific walking, kneeling, bending, pulling, pushing, lifting and carrying or any other physical attribute required
- The post holder will work normally within the confines of the depot/workshop but is frequently required to undertake site and roadside repairs within the BMDC area in all weathers
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic and committed individual, highly motivated in meeting the needs of both the employer and the customer
Please click 'Apply'
Closing date: 15th December 2021
For further information regarding this post please contact Paul Dibb on 01274 433594 or email email@example.com.
The Code of Practice on the English language requirement for public sector workers, Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 requires that Councils ensure that all candidates applying for customer facing posts must be assessed in order to establish their fluency in English.
The criteria under special knowledge and experience on the job profile which is shown in this advert outlines what level of fluency you will be expected to demonstrate. Therefore, it is essential that you provide examples in your application.