Looking for a challenging and rewarding career with a market leader?
Our client is looking to recruit an enthusiastic and hands-on Resourcing Advisor to complement the team and provide Resourcing advice and guidance to managers across the whole business including a specific focus on HGV Driver vacancies as well as others. The role will report to the HR Manager and will cover all aspects of Resourcing.
DETAILS OF THE ROLE
- Provide a professional resourcing advisory service to the business across all sites and roles which adds value and is solution-focused, as well as contributing to HR projects.
- Support the business and managers by responding to issues promptly and seeking solutions.
- Be flexible in terms of mobility as you will be required occasionally to travel to sites to assist managers with resourcing issues and training.
- Understand and advise on resourcing strategies as required, and ensure knowledge is up to date of local and national initiatives to aid resourcing – e.g. liaison with education and training providers as well as government initiatives and funding to aid recruitment and retention.
- Lead on the use and deployment of the Recruitment System, be an expert on this, train others, and liaise with the software provider on behalf of the business, as well as undertake daily review and support to managers on its use.
- Work closely with the marketing department, the Training and Development Manager, Depots and managers on recruitment advertising strategies including social media and employer job boards to maximise recruitment and maximise channels for applications.
- Work with the HR & payroll team to ensure turnover and any other HR metrics are reviewed and insights gained as required, working on recruitment, induction, on-boarding and employee engagement programmes to aid retention in the business.
- Maintain exceptional housekeeping standards within the workplace at all times and ensure any applicant or employee information is kept confidential and secured.
- Undertake any other duties as may be required for the effective operation of the HR and Payroll function, this may include cover for HR & Payroll team members e.g. for absence.
TO BE A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE YOU WILL NEED TO DEMONSTRATE:
- Proven track record of extensive Resourcing advice experience and expertise.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work well as part of a team.
- A very good attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Drive and determination with a business-focus and a ‘can do-will do-it’s done’ approach.
- Ability to occasionally visit sites to meet with and provide training to managers.
- CIPD qualification level 5 and / or MCIPD desirable.
- Transport / Logistics / HGV Driver recruitment experience desirable.
LOCATION AND HOURS
- Office based full time, close to Felixstowe town centre and sea-front.
- Head Office is a large modern building with good facilities and onsite parking.
- Core hours: 09:00-17:30 Monday - Friday.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual salary review (discretionary).
- Annual bonus (discretionary).
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Life assurance cover.
- Group personal pension.
- Employee assistance programme.