Customer Sales & Services Advisor
With an exciting opportunity to join our dynamic Home Based Customer Contact Team, this is your chance to join the UK's largest news publisher, encompassing an award winning portfolio of 5 national titles, 130 regional titles and over 500 digital products.
If you have a real passion for delivering excellent customer service this could be the role for you....
Our national Customer Contact Team serves our customers throughout England, Wales and Scotland who are placing family announcements and items for sale within our classified advertising pages and on our leading announcements site . Our team serves newspaper sales customers in relation to general enquiries, cancellations and new subscriptions. We also serve customers placing public notices, such as councils, advertising agencies and businesses. Therefore the ability to deal with a wide range of calls and enquiries is essential.
IMPORTANT: Shortlisted candidates will be required to attend an assessment centre in Hull or an online assessment centre, depending on location in October/November.
We have both full time and part time opportunities available.
We are Reach because it's what we do.
Reach plc is the UK's largest news publisher and the name behind over 100 of the UK's most influential and trusted newsbrands such as the Daily Mirror, Manchester Evening News, and Bristol Post. We are currently leading the way in digital advertising across our network of over 60 websites, with an audience of 83% of all users online and 90% of mobile users.
Over the last 12 months we have implemented many changes to further support our move to a digital-first business. With new tech and systems supporting a more flexible working week, plus new and refurbished offices, now is the time to join us - we want you to play a key part in our continued success.
* React promptly to all incoming calls with a polite and professional manner, with the ability to show empathy and adhere to the pattern of the sale throughout.
* To demonstrate high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
* Ability to deal with customer enquiries and complaints.
* Maximise on all sales opportunities for both advertising and newspaper sales.
* Complete all outbound calls as requested by manager, to maximise on newspaper sales renewals, debt management and Direct Debit conversions.
* Subscribing new customers and renewing existing customer subscriptions.
* Dealing with cancellation calls and where possible retaining customers.
* Responding to emails, quoting customers and arranging proofs prior to insertion.
* Use relevant computer programs to adhere to the requirements of the role.
* Maintain working relationships with internal and external customers.
* Cooperate with supervisors and managers to achieve a healthy and safe workplace and to take reasonable care of yourself and others.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for positive, enthusiastic individuals with exceptional people skills and the ability to deal with a wide range of customers. Excellent communication skills and the ability to handle objections effectively will help you to succeed in this role. You must be comfortable working in a KPI-driven environment, working towards set targets and objectives. Excellent spelling and grammar is essential as is the ability to display excellent attention to detail.
- 25 days holiday plus statutory bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free wellbeing apps and coaching support
- Simply Health health care Scheme
- Defined progression pathway
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Technology scheme
- High street discounts
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.