HGV Truck and Trailer Technician / Mechanic / Fitter
About the Company
Prestons of Potto is an award-winning Haulage and Warehousing company based in the North East of England. The company was founded in 1936 and employs approximately 200 people across four locations. The company is headquartered at Potto, with satellite depots at Stockton-on-Tees, Knottingley and St. Neots.
The business works with a wide range of clients and has been involved in several high-profile projects for large blue-chip clients. The company operates a mixed fleet of vehicles; with an even split of flat-bed and curtainside trailers. Our in-house facilities include a 4 bay workshop, fabrication bay, paintshops and rolling-road brake tester.
This represents an excellent opportunity to join a well-respected transport company. Whilst experience is preferable, full training will be given subject to candidate suitability. Responsibilities for this role include:
- Working as part of a team to ensure the safe and compliant condition of our modern and varied fleet; including flat-bed, extendable, abnormal and curtainside trailers.
- Carrying out routine scheduled services to both tractor units and articulated trailers
- Identifying and addressing vehicle defects to a high standard and in accordance with company procedures
- Ensuring our fleet is fully compliant according to DVSA standards at all times
- Recording detailed maintenance and repair works to ensure absolute traceability
Qualifications and Skills
Suitable candidates must largely satisfy the following requirements:
- Clean UK Driving Licence (Class 1 Licence a bonus)
- Experienced candidates are preferred, although full training will be given subject to candidate suitability
- Strong technical understanding and a practical nature
- High levels of reliability and integrity
- Passion to resolve problems and find proper solutions
- Able to work as part of a larger team through excellent communication skills
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to work under stressful conditions and under minimal supervision
Applications can be made in writing to Paul Barker firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01642 700243
Apply for HGV Truck and Trailer Technician / Mechanic / Fitter
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly