Junior Digital Designer
Job title: Junior Digital Designer
Location: Southampton (Part Remote)
Salary range: GBP18,000 - GBP24,000
This role will see you building and maintaining an innovative hospitality messaging SaaS product AXP, whilst working with our professional services team to deliver various bespoke projects.
To provide user interface and marketing design to support our 'Alliants Experience Platform', professional services and internal branding.
- To assist with online and offline marketing collateral for both internal and external use, including but not limited to; leaflets, business cards, merchandise, exhibition collateral, white paper reports, presentation desks, social cards, etc.
- Build brand awareness, ensuring consistency of brand application for Alliants by maintaining website design and content within Webflow and on social media channels.
- Maintaining the Alliants website design and content within Webflow.
- Brand template support (G-Drive); Google docs, slides, sheets.
- Follow and maintain current Alliants brand identity with various guidelines including International Organisation for Standardisation (ISO).
- Creation of video content of Alliants' digital products for sales support.
- Manage digital design assets for client projects and take existing style guides/branding and apply them to design apps, websites and/or marketing material.
- Support with the creation of low and high fidelity UI design, including website, mobile and app design.
- Develop wireframes and clickable prototypes.
- Assisting in the end-to-end design of digital products (app, websites, etc.) through creating user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, screen flows and high-fidelity clickable prototypes.
- Help to create and maintain design systems and component libraries.
- UX research support including planning, conducting, and documenting workshops: e.g. A/B, split, and user testing and interviews.
- Work with designers, developers, product managers, consultants, marketing, sales and other experts within Alliants.
- Adhere to best working practices and principles and help to develop them by reflecting on past learnings.
- Support and collaborate with the design team; encourage great ideas and creativity.
- Stay up-to-date with current design trends and best-practices to steer future development.
- Estimate production times and ensure completion.
- Attend meetings with internal and external stakeholders to capture requirements.
Technical skills and experience
- A portfolio which demonstrates creative ability and technical knowledge across a range of digital design and/or website projects.
- Photo and video editing skills.
- Strong knowledge of current digital design best practices.
- A good understanding of visual design principles.
- Experience creating digital assets for a variety of target audiences.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills, with a down to earth touch.
- Experienced with applying brand guidelines and style guides to digitals products.
- Exposure to industry-standard design software - e.g. Adobe Creative Cloud, Figma, Sketch, Webflow, Wordpress, G-Suite, Loom, Premier Pro, etc.
Desirable technical skills
- Experience with user-centered design, prototyping, and user testing.
- Familiar with accessibility standards.
- Experience working across web, mobile and native app projects.
- Experience developing responsive UX; from wireframes to high fidelity prototypes.
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Comfortable working with multidisciplinary teams.
- Understanding of the psychology behind user behaviour.
- Analytic understanding - has used quantitative and qualitative data to inform design decisions.
- Experience in UX methods (user interviews, user testing, user flows, card sorting, design workshops, etc.)
Interested or would like to learn more? Please click apply.