Project Support Officer
7 days left
- Full Time
Project Support Officer
Reboot West is an innovation project working with care leavers across the region to help them succeed in education, training and employment. The initial project was funded for 4 years, working long term with young people. We are entering a very important final year, aiming to empower young people to leave the project with the confidence and psychological flexibility to lead fulfilling lives. We are looking for a Project Support Officer to provide essential administrative support to the Reboot team.
1625 Independent People (1625ip) is a leading youth homeless charity based in the South West, working with over 2,500 young people. We have strong local partnerships and adhere to the best practice in the sector, thereby building trusting relationships between young people and 1625ip staff is at the core of our work.
We are particularly keen to increase applications from Black and Minority Ethnic groups and Males as they are currently under-represented in our organisation. We also value lived experience in our workforce and would welcome applications from anyone with an experience of the Care system and/or homelessness
What we are looking for:
- You have empathy with the causes of homelessness, the experiences of young people leaving care and the barriers they face.
- You are highly organised with high attention to detail and good project administration skills.
- You are a proactive, self-starter, able to work unsupervised and on own initiative.
- You have good interpersonal skills, including tact and discretion, and are a person that people feel they can come and talk to.
- You are experienced in liaising with representatives from external organisations and are able to motivate and encourage colleagues to be their best.
What you will be doing:
- Being organised, proactive and efficient, you will provide quality administrative support to managers within the project in relation to monitoring, reporting, meetings and communications. This could range from minute taking and managing office systems and supplies, through to the formatting of worksheets, printing materials and creating display boards and other visual merchandise.
- Using your communication skills and ability to adapt well to the needs of our diverse team, you will support the Coaches to achieve quality and timeliness of case records, evidence and outcomes monitoring.
- Using your collaborative working skills, you will be responsible for maintaining and strengthening relationships with key stakeholders in external organisations, including local government departments, through completing monthly reports and data updates, and ensuring a high degree of accuracy and compliance with the principles of the GDPR.
- You will bring your individual approach into a passionate and energetic team in which your opinion and individuality are valued, where you feel committed to the purpose of the project and want to play your part in making a difference, and where you will have the opportunity to learn and develop yourself.
Your line manager will be our Reboot West Manager, Chris Bellamy.
What we are offering:
- An opportunity to work in a psychologically informed environment (PIE) and in a team using a values-based approach in the support of our young people and each other.
- Very generous annual leave entitlement of 30 days per annum (pro rata) plus Bank Holidays.
- Flexible working hours.
- A very supportive environment with reflective practice, regular supervisions, team and cross departmental and company development days.
- Hours per week: 30 (this represents 0.8 FTE)
- Contract type: Fixed term (until 31 July 2022)
- Pay: £22,183 – £23,541 (pro rata based on 0.8 FTE)
- The location: You will be based in Kingsley Hall, close to Bristol’s main train and bus stations as well as the vibrant city centre. There is also flexibility and support to manage working from home.
- To access the Job Pack for this role and submit an Application, please visit the vacancy page on our Website by clicking 'Apply'
- To have an informal chat about the role, please contact Chris Bellamy – firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have any queries, please email email@example.com
- Application deadline closes: 23:59, 03 November 2021.
- If you have not heard from us by 10 November 2021 please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
- Interviews are on 16 November 2021.
Covering Letter Guidance
Please note that the online application form cannot be saved until it is fully complete. We recommend that you prepare your Covering Letter before you start the online application.
Your Covering Letter will form the most important basis on which your skills, experience and personal attributes will be tested against the job criteria. Without it, your application cannot progress to the shortlisting stage.
You should refer to the Person Specification document within the Job Pack and cover only the elements that are tested at this stage of the recruitment process. Elements that only have the word ‘interview’ next to them will be tested at the next stage of the process and do not need to be covered in your letter.
ALTHOUGH THE APPLICATION FORM GIVES YOU THE OPTION TO UPLOAD A CV, PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT A CV AS THIS IS NOT NECESSARY AND WILL NOT BE USED IN THIS PROCESS.
Equal opportunities for everyone:
We safeguard and promote the safety and welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Any job offer will depend on a satisfactory DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) Barred List Disclosure Check.
We believe those with a criminal record should have an equal chance to become employees or volunteers. We also pride ourselves on being an equal opportunities employer for everyone regardless of age, disability, gender identity, race, religion and beliefs, sex and sexual orientation. We are particularly keen to increase applications from men and Black and Minority Ethnic groups as they are currently under-represented in our organisation.
Please see our Policies section on the website, for further information. If you need an adjustment made to any part of the recruitment process, please let us know as soon as possible.