Senior IT Systems Engineer - DevOps
Senior IT Systems Engineer
Are you a Senior IT Systems Engineer looking for an exciting challenge?
Are you looking for the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology in the financial sector?
Our Edinburgh based client are looking for an experienced and qualified IT professional. This is a key role for someone to really advance their career.
This is a permanent role that comes with a market leading benefits package.
We are looking for someone with
- Enthusiasm and initiative in embedding a DevOps mind-set into ways of working, implementing automation and tightening feedback loops.
- Experience in problem solving deployment using software engineering principles.
- Strong systems administration background predominantly, Windows based.
- Experience of Scripting using technologies such as Python, Ansible, PowerShell.
- Experience of Version Control using git.
- Experience with Jenkins pipelines as code.
- Experience with Docker.
- Proven hands-on experience of AWS. Certification is a bonus but not a requirement.
- Strong understanding of production scale multi-tiered systems architecture and service management principles.
- Hands-On experience of managing complex terraform deployments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to engage technical and business stakeholders at all levels, as well as strong technical documentation skills.
- Experience in Service Delivery in an Applications Management environment within a Digital business.
- Ability to work accurately, at a fast pace.
Please send your CV for immediate consideration.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age