Networks Technical Assistant
We currently have an opportunity available for a Networks Technical Assistant to join our team based in Exeter. You will join us on a full-time, permanent basis, and in return, you will receive acompetitive salary ofGBP18,000 - GBP20,000 per annum plus benefits.
South West Water is part of the Pennon Group, a very successful and stable business that prides itself on sustainability. We provide reliable, efficient and high-quality drinking water and wastewater services for a population of c. 1.7 million in Cornwall, Devon, and parts of Somerset and Dorset.
We believe that by investing in the future of our region, we are not only improving the quality of life for today's residents and visitors but are also taking responsibility for future generations. Responsibility for the environment is central to this. Our aim is to continually drive-up standards, particularly in the areas that matter most to our customers.
Our core values which are essential to our success are:
- Trusted - We do the right thing for our customers and stakeholders.
- Collaborative - We forge strong relationships working together to make a positive impact.
- Responsible - We keep our promises to our customers, communities, and each other.
- Progressive - We are always looking for new ways to improve and make life better.
We know that the support and commitment of our staff is key to our success so you will receive the opportunity for ongoing development and training for a long-term career with us. We're one of the largest companies in the South West and are proud to have been awarded Investors in People recognition. In return, we offer an excellent range of benefits which include free car parking at the majority of our sites, generous holiday allowance, access to company share save scheme, Pension scheme, and various health benefits.
About the role:
The Networks Technical Assistant will provide effective technical planning and administrative services to multiple area's network teams, reporting to the Network Team Manager, in the local Network Service Alliance Hub.
Responsibilities of our Networks Technical Assistant include:
- Delivering an excellent customer experience by ensuring customer-driven work, such as appointments, are timely
- Telephoning customers professionally and recognising the CMEX dimension to such contacts - you may be the first, only experience a customer has with South West Water/Bournemouth Water
- Supporting the network team with the resolution of customer complaints or unwanted calls, as directed by senior management
- Working collaboratively with and ensuring compliance with other SWW departments to ensure work is completed in a timely fashion and information is shared as required
- Effective planning of network field team's work to meet the competing SLA's, through an in-depth and full understanding of the timescales and SLA's
- Releasing jobs on time as per SLA to Partner through Work Order Authorisation Tool to ensure full compliance with technical and financial work management i.e., cost centres, equipment code etc
- Timely creation of work orders to track and support all network workstreams
- Timely completion of the purchase order system - Requisitions and goods receipting for example
- Ordering of all appropriate materials and equipment as required by Area, Asset and Network Team Manager - following company procurement policies and finding the best value for money and timeliness
- Timely completion of Reactive Asset Repair maintenance workflows
- Taking calls in a timely and efficient manner
What we are looking for in our Networks Technical Assistant:
- 5 GCSEs or equivalent including Maths, English and a Science subject at grade C or above
- Proven experience of working in a busy office environment, ideally within a service delivery sector
- Previous experience working on own and as part of a team
- Proven experience of providing high quality internal and external customer service
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications, specifically Word/Excel and email management
- Good general IT skills and knowledge and ability to learn new systems (Corporate)
- Evidence of excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, alongside an excellent telephone manner
- Able to demonstrate excellent levels of customer service and interpersonal skills, with the ability to manage difficult customer situations when required
If you are looking for a new challenge, please click apply now to be considered as our Networks Technical Assistant - we look forward to receiving your application.