About RF Brookes
RF Brookes is part of the 2 Sisters Food Group, based at Rogerstone, Newport. We are a large food manufacturer creating high quality meals for our customers employing 1700 employees. As we continue to grow, we have a number of vacancies which we hope will be of interest to you and offer a career path within food manufacturing.
You will report to the Factory Shift Manager and the shift pattern will be the following:
Sunday – Thursday, 11:30pm – 7:00am or Monday to Friday 11:30pm – 7:00am
At RF Brookes we advertise an equivalent pay rate as we want to be transparent– we have adjusted our pay rate of £11.56 to reflect the fact that we pay breaks so that you can compare us like for like with companies that do not pay breaks. So to clarify when you work for us your pay rate looks lower at £11.04 as we pay you for breaks.
We also pay £10 Attendance Bonus for each night shift you work (terms and conditions apply)
About the role
In your role as Senior Operative you will be responsible for an area whereby you will engage with and develop your team, promote health and safety, provide line leadership to skilled and agency employees, looking at ways of continuous improvement and ensuring a quality product to the customer in a productive and cost effective way.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Driving and monitoring performance of teams and individuals and to be able to offer coaching and guidance when needed.
- Ensuring that they have the right skills to deliver all of your performance targets and to look at succession planning for the future
- Supporting new starters to integrate into the area and ensure they understand expectations
- Be responsible for health and safety, product quality, technical integrity, and food safety through GMP, adherence to specification and processing parameters of the line.
- Ensure all safety equipment is in good working order and adhere to SSOW and SOPs, whilst support with training.
The food manufacturing industry is fast paced, so we require pace and agility along with resilience to ensure we continue to exceed our customers expectations. As our company is customer focused so it is key that we understand the ever increasing quality standards and partner with the business to plan ahead in anticipation, therefore you will need to be self-motivated, detail focused, flexible, a great communicator and a good team player.
Knowledge of the food industry is an advantage but transferable skills are appreciated so if you have a can do attitude, attention to detail and a desire to ensure high quality your very welcome to apply as training will be provided to help you develop yourself and your career.
What can we offer?
- Holidays – dependent on shift pattern 33 days per annum (pro-rata for different shifts)
- On-site parking
- Subsidised Canteen – operating day and night
- Staff Shop facility
- Cycle to work scheme
- Hapi Benefits – Discount at many retailers
- Wellbeing support
- Pay Rate includes paid breaks
Please click 'Apply'