At Beefeater great food is at the heart of the guest's journey??? With you operating the grill, greatness is guaranteed. Sharing your knowledge, expertise and attention to detail with others in the kitchen team, you will make sure everyone knows how to keep in line with brand standards. Things can get busy in our kitchen, but even at the hottest moments, you'll remain calm and focus on the guest's experience.
We have an award-winning apprenticeship programme too, so can offer you the opportunity to earn qualifications alongside completing your core training for the role.
Your skills and experience
- Proven experience of a fast-paced kitchen operation and ability to work under pressure.
- A passion for delivering a consistently high-quality experience to guests through the power of food.
- Knowledge of key health and safety and food & hygiene standards.
Experience of coaching others.
What is a Grill Chef?
- Working alongside the Head Chef you'll rapidly become an expert on our menus and specifications.
- You'll see that every main meal is prepared safely, cooked perfectly and presented irresistibly to the guest.
- You'll equally care about the rest of the team - from your colleagues working alongside you in the kitchen on the restaurant floor, in the bar and the management team, you'll communicate effectively with every one of them and support them when needed.
Maintaining a spotless kitchen in line with key health & safety and food & hygiene standards, whilst remaining resilient under pressure.
Work with Whitbread
If you didn't know??? Whitbread is known for the UK's most loved hotel Premier Inn and some of the best-known restaurant brands. Over the years we've grown to have Hotels and Restaurants across the UK, Ireland, Guernsey, Jersey, Isle of Man and Germany. There are no limits to your ambition. We're truly proud to give great experiences to millions of guests and create long term career opportunities for people like you!
We have a 278-year proven track record of helping people reach their full potential and have been voted a Top Employer for the ELEVENTH year running in 2021.
We're proud to have a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone is welcome and truly feels able to be themselves. Our aim is to continue to attract, and welcome, a diverse range of applicants from all walks of life to help improve and develop our team every day.
As a Team Member, not only will you get the opportunity to build a career with Whitbread, you'll enjoy the chance to shine every day with our award-winning induction and training programmes but we will also offer a range of great benefits also, which include:
Exclusive Employee Offers
- Whitbread's Privilege Card gives you up to 60% discount on hotel rooms across UK, Ireland and Germany and 25% discount across our restaurant brands
- You will also benefit from huge Discounts on our famous Premier Inn Hypnos Mattresses, pillows and beds
- Whilst on shift, choose from our special menu, with meals starting from GBP2 or get 50% off the standard menu
Financial Wellbeing Benefits
- Pension scheme with employer contribution
- Annual Sharesave (Save As You Earn) Scheme
Physical, Mental & Emotional Wellbeing Benefits
- MyGym & MyActive discounts
- Discounts on Cycling Products at Halfords
- Access to Hospitality Action (our Employee Assistance Programme), offering a wide range of support options for you and your family
- Eye Health and Vision Express Discount
Recognition and Discounts
- My Rewards platform, where you can recognise your team mates and are celebrated and rewarded for top performance, team incentives and for delivering amazing guest experiences.
- Perks at Work Portal, offering a wide range of retail and leisure discounts
- O2 Open Employee Discount
- Virgin Experience Days
- Costco Membership
Charity - we want to support and celebrate your dedication to charitable causes close to your heart through:
- Raise & Match Scheme
Give and Match Scheme
If all of this sounds like you???. Apply today to start your Whitbread journey!
Whitbread is an inclusive employer, strongly believing that everyone is unique and there should be no limits to ambition. We welcome your application whatever your background or situation. We are open to flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.