Laboratory Production Manager
Salary: GBPhighly competitive + valuable benefitsAbout the role:
This is an exciting opportunity for a Laboratory Production Manager to join an enthusiastic team delivering Forensic Science Services to a wide range of clients across the UK with the UK's number one testing, inspection and compliance company.
Client focused and quality driven, we are a leading provider of Environmental Science. Now we need a Laboratory Production Manager to lead the organisation and performance of a busy laboratory.You will:
- Manage the Laboratory Department and the portfolio of equipment and instrumentation within its jurisdiction. Controlling annual leave of direct reports performing PDRs, developing training programmes, performing return to work interviews, managing sickness and all other associated Staff administrative duties.
- Establish, set and continuously monitor specific Key Performance Indicators for the department, making both proactive and reactive decisions in order to ensure that Service Level Agreements and objectives are continuously met.
- Implement operational efficiencies to improve OEE and reduce waste.
We're looking for a professional, dynamic and motivated individual with ability to work alone and as part of a team.
Communicative, organised, flexible and committed, you must also:
- Have experience in management of analytical teams with ideally an ILM or equivalent qualification.
- Be experienced in driving improvements in Safety, Quality, Velocity, Staff & Cost across a business
- Thrive in a busy, customer focused, production environment
In return, we offer a competitive salary, and all the benefits of working for a dynamic and growing organisation including generous holidays, company pension and discounts on high street shopping.
With over 100 years of history, SOCOTEC is the UK's leading provider of testing, inspection and compliance services, operating across three sectors and offering an unrivalled range of technical expertise and accredited services, including consultancy. Proud of our innovative nature, customer focus and drive to continually improve, we put people at the heart of what we do, employing more than 1400 people throughout a nationwide network of UKAS accredited laboratories and offices, serving over 7000 customers.
Think you've got what it takes to add value to our success?
SOCOTEC is an equal opportunities employer.