IT Testing Coordinator
Being the difference
We currently have a great opportunity for a IT Testing coordinator to join us on a 12 month Maternity cover FTC.
Working as part of the Programme Office Team you will cover testing for all Business Applications.
Within this role you will be responsible for the production and maintenance of comprehensive test plans to ensure timely testing that meets the needs of your stakeholders. Testing of software releases, faults fixes, and developments, across multiple Test and Production environments.
You will coordinate and manage testing within a small team to support the delivery of key change programmes within the business, this includes assisting with troubleshooting and defect investigation.
You will also guide the business in the creation and recording of thorough and accurate test scripts in line with the testing Framework.
- Support and plan testing activities for a variety of simultaneous Projects, whether development or service improvement based, in conjunction with the team.
- The generation, validation, review, maintenance, and storage of test documentation, scripts, reports, and packs for each release type.
- Creation and ownership of a suite of repeatable testing templates and standards.
- Arrange reviews of supplier test evidence with relevant stakeholders.
- Provide support and development to a variety of business users in the creation, scope, and types of tests to be performed.
- Leading defect triage meetings with users and 3rd parties and ensuring test scripts are refined to test defects during testing phases. Creation and execution of test scripts.
- Work with Project Managers and Business Analysts to coordinate testing resource requirements, including organising and overseeing temporary testing staff requirements to deliver testing activities to plan.
- Provide exceptional customer service and performing user training on testing software used by business.
- Hands on involvement with and overseeing of all user acceptance testing requirements including, functional testing in-line with requirement specifications, and regression and negative testing for each iteration.
- Responsible for improving the speed, accuracy and efficiency of our testing process and use of automated tools.
Skills and Experience:
- Strong skills in working with Business users analysing test scope, boundaries and converting this jointly into "Business owned" and relevant test scripts and plans
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language
- Experience in presenting testing outcomes to project and management teams in a structured way
- Keen attention to detail striving for quality through meticulous testing
- Knowledge and experience of testing tools such as TestRail and Jira for script development and execution and defect management
- Experienced software test practitioner
- Knowledge of software test processes, tools, automation, and best practices
- Robust and engaging test management experience especially with outsourced development teams
- Generous bonus scheme related to company performance
- Up to 15% pension contributions - based on employee contribution of 5%
- 28 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Discounted shopping vouchers