Warehouse Team Leader
WAREHOUSE TEAM LEADER
Westray Recruitment Group is seeking to recruit a Warehouse Team Leader for a global logistics business based in Birtley. This is a lovely business that is a pleasure to deal with. The role is permanent and one which gives you the opportunity to grow within the business. You will be very much leading by example, therefore you must be willing to participate in the day to day tasks as well as undertaking the duties outlined below:
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING IN YOUR ROLE?
- Reporting to the Warehouse Supervisor
- Supervising a team of up to ten people
- Managing the shift changeover meeting
- Identifying any team training requirements
- Overseeing adherence to rigid Health and Safety procedures
- Involvement in team hiring decisions
- Ensuring daily team targets are met
WHAT EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS ARE REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION?
- Reach or Counterbalance Forklift license desirable but not essential
- Supervisory experience ideally within a warehouse environment
- Willingness to get stuck in and want to make a difference
- ILM certificate preferred but not essential
- The willingness to make a difference in the role and contribute positively to the teams success
HOURS OF WORK
This is a permanent role, working a two week rotating shift pattern.
Week one is 6.00am to 2.30pm Monday to Friday
Week two is 1.30pm to 10.45pm Monday to Thursday and 1.30pm to 6.30pm on a Friday
The site is on a great bus route, so there would be no issues if on public transport
RATE OF PAY
This role pays GBP26,200
FANCY A CHAT?
This roles is immediately available. If you're interested, please call us now on and speak to Maureen who is leading the search. Alternatively, you can forward your CV to