We are looking to recruit a Furnace Operator who is required to work as part of a small team to ensure that production targets are achieved and to heat treat critical parts for the Aerospace & Medical industries. The candidate should be responsible for furnace heat treatment operation. To deputise for the Shift Supervisor in the event of absence due to illness or holidays. Must have a flexible approach to the team working. This position will work on a rotating shift pattern.
- Work to written instructions, procedures and quality standards.
- Furnace operation to ensure high process standards achieved.
- Prepare customers components for processing, make up and breakdown.
- Monitoring and reporting on all aspects effecting processing of product.
- Deputise for Supervisor including planning work, preparing job packs & testing.
- Be prepared to train on the quality aspects of the site - hold a QA stamp
- Goods in / out responsibilities including van driving to support site
- Contribute to a clean, tidy and safe working environment.
- Work in a safe and responsible manner and follow company Health and Safety guide lines (a copy of which will be issued to you).
- To follow any other reasonable request from management
- FLT Driver - training provided
- First Aid - training provided
Qualifications, experience and skills:
- General education required with good numerate skills.
- Good attention to detail and accurate working required.
- Good understanding of computers. Knowledge of spreadsheets advantageous.
- Experience in Heat Treatment of metals or metal processing advantageous.
- Engineering background required.
- FLT and First Aid experience advantageous or willing to train.
- Driving licence preferred for occasional local Van driving
Salary / package:
- Competitive salary
- Pension - match contribution from 4% - 10%
- Life Assurance - 2 x annual salary rising to 4 x if join Company pension
- Free parking on all sites
- Free refreshments provided all sites
- An entitlement to full pay whilst off sick for a limited number of days (in addition to your statutory sick pay entitlement)
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
How to apply:
You may apply by post or e-mail. Send your CV with salary expectation using the contact options below. All internal applicants should inform their current line manager of their application.
Please Note - If you have not heard from us within two weeks your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. We will keep your CV on file and will contact you if a position arises that matches your experience. Good luck in your job search.