Molecular Biology Laboratory Technician
Molecular Biology Laboratory Technician Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Inventory, accessioning and tracking of incoming samples into the lab via a LIMS system.
- Registration, preparation and analysis of samples as required.
- Adhering to documented procedures for all aspects of laboratory work, ensuring that all relevant information concerning samples is recorded, that samples are handled correctly, and that all necessary records and quality data are maintained.
- To accurately register and process samples for NGS analysis within defined time frames.
- Perform routine laboratory maintenance activities, including ordering & receiving supplies, maintaining consumable inventories and updating instrument usage logbooks.
Molecular Biology Laboratory Technician Qualifications & Requirements
- A Bachelor's or advanced degree in molecular biology, biochemistry, genetics, biotechnology or a similar subject is required, with a minimum of one-year laboratory experience.
- Strong teamwork ethic and the commitment to successfully deliver to tight deadlines is essential.
- High accuracy and attention to the detail is a must for both laboratory and office-based work
- Strong and open communication skills are essential.
- Excellent in Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel and PowerPoint are essential.
- Experience in using Laboratory information management systems (LIMS) and Linux system is advantageous.
- Experience in PCR, qPCR and Illumina Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS)-based analysis is advantageous.
- Experience within a contract research organization, university core facility or clinical laboratory is advantageous.
- Having valid Bcg and HepB immunisation is advantage.
- Experience of working within an ISO17025 environment is advantageous.
- Fluent in English
- The flexibility of working on weekends shift
Molecular Biology Laboratory Technician Benefits:
- Full training will be provided
- Bonus scheme
- On-site parking
- Weekend shift allowance