Salary: GBP28,000 - GBP30,000 pro rata
Part Time - 3 days (21hrs)
Scottish Autism seeks to promote and provide care, education, support and opportunities for autistic people of all ages throughout Scotland. We work tirelessly to create a world where autistic people are understood and enabled to lead meaningful, fulfilling and happy lives as valued members of the community.
A key expectation of everyone who works for Scottish Autism is that they live and breathe our values; Collaboration, Change Makers, Compassion and Contribution. Our values come into play throughout everything we do at work - how we work together, and how we deliver services to the people we support and to the people we work alongside.
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and innovative Media Officer to join our Marketing and Communications team. You will provide an energetic program of public relations and media campaign activity to ensure that Scottish Autism is positioned as the definitive autism charity in Scotland.
In this role, you will:
- Collaboratively develop and execute Scottish Autism's Media strategy to campaign and influence for societal change that will benefit autistic people and their families
- Work with internal and external stakeholders, ensuring the voices of autistic people and their families are heard through direct lobbying media relations and coordinated campaign activity
- Monitor Scottish media and public policy developments, responding in accordance with the overall Scottish Autism Media
The successful candidate will:
- Have excellent interpersonal and influencing skills, when dealing with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrable experience of working in a media environment e.g. in a press office, PR agency or as a journalist
- Proven experience of working with press and broadcast media and strong media contacts
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Able to demonstrate effective use of social media to support PR campaigns
Please note previous applicant need not apply
We offer comprehensive training, opportunities for personal development and a generous benefits package including a range of discounts on high street retailers, gyms and travel and life assurance cover.
This post is subject to a Basic Disclosure check.
Scottish Autism is a smoke free organisation. Our aim is to protect the Health and Wellbeing of our employees and the individuals we support by providing a smoke free environment.
We encourage and welcome applications from people with lived experience of autism.
Other organisations may call this role PR Officer, Public Relations Officer, Press Officer, Media Relations Executive, or PR Executive.
Closing Date: Friday 24th September 2021
Interview Date: Monday 4th October 2021
Valuing diversity and promoting equal opportunities is at the heart of our vision, mission and values.
So, if you're seeking your next challenge as a Media Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.