Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
Panelco is the supplier of the widest choice of wood-based panel products in the UK and we are the supplier of choice to our vast customer base.
We have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic individual to join our team and make an immediate contribution to our business supporting our production department where we produce cut and edged products of market leading quality. We are looking to recruit an experienced Mechanical Maintenance Engineer.
This key role is a full time vacancy with standard shifts for days and noons, Monday to Friday. Due to the 24 hour operation of the business, there is required overtime, which will be paid at an enhanced overtime rate as and when required.
Mechanical Maintenance Engineer Duties:
- Delivering the maintenance schedule for our multi million pound production facility.
- Providing engineering support to production and packaging departments.
- Responsible for daily planned maintenance, breakdowns and resolving ad-hoc machine faults as they occur.
- Improving performance and reducing risk through maintenance regimes.
- Investigation, root cause analysis and resolution of longer term faults.
- Installation and commission of new plant machinery.
Mechanical Maintenance Engineer Requirements:
- Be able to show previous maintenance experience (minimum 5 years) within gearboxes, motors, hydraulics, robotics and various types of bearings.
- Have confidence and competency in reactive fault finding.
- Provide first response for technical breakdowns, specialist knowledge, electrical repairs and fault finding.
- Have experience working within a high volume large scale production setting.
- Be proactive with ongoing maintenance of production machinery to ensure minimal downtime.
- Be flexible in their approach to working hours.
- Relevant qualifications would be advantageous but are not essential
- Have Manufacturing or timber sector experience of at least 5 years.
- Have Recognised qualification minimum level 3 in Mechanical Engineering.
- Have Knowledge of Biesse, Homag, IMA or Schelling machinery advantageous.
- Be willing to work Weekday shifts (days 06:00-14:30 and noons 14:30-23:00) with occasional weekends and paid call outs.
- To thrive in this role you will:
- Be an excellent communicator.
- Excel in a team environment.
- Have keen attention to detail
- Be able to stay calm under pressure.
Mechanical Maintenance Engineer Benefits:
In return we can offer a vibrant and busy office environment with free on site parking, tea and coffee, an employee assistance programme, immediate pension and the opportunity to grow your skills with us through ongoing training.
If you think that you are suitable for this Mechanical Maintenance Engineer, please apply now!