Cloud Operations Engineer DevOps
Cloud Operations Engineer (DevOps)
Salary - GBPCompetitive
Lincoln/Huntingdon and Home Working options
37 hours per week
As our region flourishes it is our priority to support our economy, customers and communities; driving sustainable growth and building resilience across our services. We recently announced plans to invest GBP6.5 billion to protect our regions water supplies over the coming years.
Our IS team is currently undergoing a transformation which will enhance the services it delivers and ensure they are best positioned to play a proactive and value orientated role across our business.
Our goal is to exceed customer expectations whilst embracing new technology to drive digital transformation; better connecting our customers, people, assets and information.
What will you be doing?
Take a leading role with the maintenance and technical aspects of Cloud Infrastructure services through templating Infrastructure as Code (IaC). The role will be influential in the Governance processes to ensure the appropriate policies; processes and procedure are in place and being adopted. As part of the Service Operations team you will maintain a relentless focus on service
excellence, customer service and service improvement with particular reference to Cloud Infrastructure Services.
You will help deliver faster and higher quality products through:
- Development and maintenance of CI/CD pipeline configurations
- The implementation and improvement of CI/CD processes, pipelines and principles
- Working closely with the DevOps Squads and their project managers/scrum masters to manage the promotion of products through the environments to live
- Build, support and evolution of the platform under the guidance of the platform architect and working alongside the framework engineer
You will work with the Core Systems; Service Delivery partners; Digital Services; project teams
and architect functions to review service & support requirements for any new or changing Cloud
service being delivered. You will then own the assurance of the implementation of the new service and support models and handover into the live 'run' service. In addition to this you will ensure the reliable, efficient, effective and secure operation of the Lincoln and Grafham datacentres hosting business critical applications.
What do you need?
- Knowledge of Microsoft Certified in Azure DevOps or significant hands on experience of development and optimisation in a similar role
- Significant experience in IT Service Management and IT End User Support
- Strong exposure to Azure cloud platform & implementing cloud infrastructure components
- Experience of building, maintaining and executing CI/CD pipelines in Azure DevOps
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure Activity Directory, Azure Advisor and Log Analytics
- Experience in Change and Release Management
- Experience of supporting physical infrastructure services
- Experience of automating processes
What benefits do we offer?
Being a successful water company doesn't come easy! Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all of the great work that they do. Some of our benefits include:
- Bonus scheme
- Private health care
- Competitive pension scheme
- 26 days annual leave rising with length of service
- Flexible benefits to support your wellbeing
- Flexible working (dependent on your role)
- Plus lots more!
We are passionate and committed to the learning and development of our people making sure they have the right skills and knowledge to be successful and to help achieve their potential. We also take Health and Safety very seriously in everything that we do.
If you are excited by the prospect of becoming one of our team, please apply today!