SEN Autism Support Worker Sheffield Temp-Perm Supply
SEN (Autism) Support Worker Sheffield Temp-Perm Supply September starts required for regular ad hoc residential support work. With a view for the right candidate to be taken on perm and direct with our client in time. September 2021 starts. Bank staff/Supply with regular rota to start with and for perfect candidates a permanent post direct with the residential setting is likely.
Academics LTD are recruiting SEN (Autism) Support Worker Sheffield September starts (edge towards Barnsley side)
The role is to work regularly at a small selection of these residential units supporting with ad hoc cover/relief when needed. Regular shifts available weekly, with some notice. The Shift might be able to be regular and set to a regular rota in time for the perfect candiate. Also there is expansion happening at this specific client of ours and they have additional needs moving forward due to new residents starting with them.
Academics are currently building a bank for these units to regularly pull upon, consistency is key for the units due to the individual needs of residents. We are keen to recruit candidates that are positive, enthusiastic and can demonstrate tact and patience and understanding to the individuals they are supporting and the setting.
The shift patterns can vary including night cover, weekends, evening and some early and late shifts. This role requires candidates to have a degree of flexibility and be reliable at all times.
The role:SEN (Autism) Supply Support Worker Sheffield Temp-Perm
- The ideal candidate will have experience of working within a similar setting and experience of working with Autism and other SEND requirements.
- Support which positively impacts their health/wellbeing, whilst enabling pupils to fulfil their potential.
- Develop person centred working relationships with individuals, using Autism specific approaches and interventions. EG- SPELL framework, TEACCH to ensure individual needs of engagement and Interaction.
- Understand, utilise the individual's daily plan.
- Support individuals to develop and maintain high standards of personal hygiene/appearance. This will involve bathing, toileting, dressing, feeding.
- Actively encourage and support meaningful activities. Helping promote life skills and helping individuals make appropriate choices regarding nutrition needs.
- Ensuring the environment is kept secure, clean and well presented, undertaking some light domestic duties and chores.
- Keeping reports and records and checks up to date.
- In this role you will be working within a team and often the individuals require 2-1 care.
- Training and education and development around the needs of the individuals and the type of work is provided. To ensure all candidates placed can support people with Autism Spectrum Disorders.
Interested? Please get in touch with Academics LTD. We are supporting the Education and training industry across South Yorkshire.