Field Based Sales Advisors
Field Based Sales Advisors
6 Month Fixed Term Contract and Permanent Opportunities available
Full Time or Part Time
Total Package £27k (£19k basic + £8kOTE, uncapped)
Location - North Lincolnshire
Business Area - Retail
As a leading broadband provider, KCOM delivers world class full fibre broadband with average speeds up to 900Mbps to consumers and businesses across East Yorkshire, North Lincolnshire and North Yorkshire. At the heart of its network in Hull and if Hull was a country it would be the fastest connected country in the world, that’s faster than Taiwan and Singapore. Delivering a truly market leading broadband connection through full fibre all the way to the customers home transforms the in-home experience that we’ve all needed now more than ever. It enables customers to work from home without Teams calls dropping out, kids to be on their devices at the same time with no lag and the latest film to be streamed or downloaded without a glitch.
KCOM invests in the communities it connects, offering grass roots sponsorship through its KCOM kits scheme and working with the young and vulnerable in schools and care homes. KCOM creates opportunities for local businesses which has been especially important during the pandemic through it’s better sourced locally initiatives. The network is fully powered by renewable energy and we continue to invest in the success of our region. For us what we do is truly bigger than broadband.
£100m has been invested in the network expansion to bring full fibre broadband to more towns and villages, improving the lives of residents and businesses. These new sales roles have been created at an exciting time and are central to our plan to succeeding in these new areas. You will be at the forefront of the expansion representing the brand, communicating the product portfolio and explaining how residents now have the power to transform their homes in these new communities.
What will I be doing?
You will be selling KCOM broadband products to new customers in expansion locations through door to door and event-based activity.
We are looking for experienced sales professionals, to expand our retail sales community and sell the full range of KCOM products.
In this role you will be responsible for;
- Making visits to households in assigned regions / towns to promote and sell products and services
- Organising and representing KCOM at community events
- Accurately record prospect information and maintain listings
- Accurately record customer orders in line with regulatory requirements
- Maintaining and accounting for leads on Android tablets provided to you
- Achieving sales objectives while providing the highest level of customer satisfaction
- Representing the KCOM brand in a professional way
- Providing relevant responses to customers concerns and service requests based on the company’s products or services
What do I need to do this job?
You will have a proven track record in face to face or other assisted sales channels, with demonstrable success. You will have excellent customer service skills and have the ability to understand the customer need to create a good customer outcome with the available KCOM products and services.
Along with this you will have;
- Previous B2C sales experience
- A full valid driving licence and the ability to travel around East Yorkshire, North Lincolnshire and North Yorkshire
- Drive and determination
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Initiative and creativity
- Ability to work to targets with good organisational skills
What you will get from KCOM
- Competitive base salary
- Competitive commission based on number of sales made (to be discussed in detail at interview stage)
- All expenses to perform the role paid for
- Full training in KCOM product knowledge and system use
- A tablet to log your leads, make sales presentations and load sales orders
- You will need to complete a mandatory risk assessment due to COVID 19
- A CRB check will need to be completed due to the nature of this role
- Hours of work are 37.5 hours per week - flexible between 9.00am – 8.00pm Monday to Saturday
- We are as passionate about our people as we are about our customers.
You will have access to an outstanding range of flexible benefits you can pick and choose from such as; exclusive discounts and savings with top retailers, contributions to your pension fund, life assurance and private medical insurance. You will be entitled to a generous holiday allowance and your birthday off work. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies and flexible working arrangements, including options such as part-time work, remote working, job sharing or compressed hours. We have employee engagement forums, onsite facilities and services to support staff from all backgrounds.
At KCOM we celebrate diversity. We are an equal opportunity, disability friendly, lifestyle and orientation supporting, inclusive employer and everyone is welcome. Values are important to us as is the ability to work flexibly and the opportunity to progress and develop as a person and in your career. We want everyone to realise their potential and are committed to providing an environment which support this. We want KCOM to be a great place to work for everyone.
Who are KCOM?
For us, it’s bigger than broadband.
KCOM has been in the heart of the Hull and East Yorkshire community since 1904.
We're proud to be rooted in East Yorkshire and committed to delivering the world's best broadband service to the region.
We are an innovative, award-winning company that is committed to providing a friendly, helpful and world class service to our customers by putting them first. All of our people are responsible for giving our customers the best impression and experience of KCOM.
We completed the first stage of our Lightstream full fibre network - making Hull the fastest, most connected broadband city in the world in 2019. Now we're expanding our award-winning network to bring the benefits of full fibre broadband to even more homes and businesses across the region.
We are a business that thrives on working collaboratively to bring innovative ideas to fruition and continually striving to be the very best at what we do in order to keep our customers connected.
KCOM reserve the right to close this vacancy before the published closing date, should the need occur. We therefore advise that you submit your application as soon as possible.
We are only accepting direct applications to this vacancy and therefore no agency applications will be accepted.
For more information and to apply please visit our website, by clicking the apply button.