Rotational Booking Administrator
Rotational Booking Administrator
Main area: Division B - Imaging
Grade: Band 3
Contract: 1 year (Fixed-term or Bank) Hours
- Full time
- Part time
37.5 hours per week (Part-time/Full-time)
Job ref: 180-B-211273
Employer: Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Employer type: NHS
Site: Addenbrookes Hospital-Division B
Salary: £19,737 - £21,142 per annum pro rata
Salary period: Yearly
Closing: 23/09/2021 23:59
We are seeking some enthusiastic individuals to join our team of Booking Administrators.
You will work as part of an enthusiastic Admin team in a busy office environment. Tasks require attention to detail, patient focus and a drive for quality, with an understanding of the importance of accuracy.
As part of our Admin team you will be required to rotate within our specialist areas in order to broaden your skills and knowledge of each specialist area. As well as Cambridge University Hospital places of work may include Saffron Walden, Newmarket or other local areas.
Main Duties Of The Job
To deliver and maintain a professional administration and reception service to modalities within the Imaging Department and to all its users, patients, relatives and colleagues.
Please note that we have Part-time & Full-time opportunities as both Fixed-Term or Bank only.
Working For Our Organisation
Cambridge University Hospitals (CUH) NHS Foundation Trust comprises Addenbrooke’s Hospital and the Rosie Hospital in Cambridge. With over 11000 staff and over 1100 beds the priorities of the Trust focus on a quality service which is all about people – patients, staff and partners. Recognised as providing ‘outstanding’ care to our patients and rated ‘Good’ overall by the Care Quality Commissioner, is testament to the skill and dedication of the people who work here. CUH’s values – Together- safe, kind, excellent – are at the heart of patient care, defining the way all staff work and behave. The Trust provides accessible high-quality healthcare for the local people of Cambridge, together with specialist services, dealing with rare or complex conditions for a regional, national and international population.
Detailed Job Description and Main Responsibilities
Please see the attached Applicant Information Pack (combined Job Description and Person Specification) for key duties and responsibilities.
Please note:- Internal applicants on permanent contracts can only apply for this post as a secondment and must have the approval of your current line manager before applying.
This vacancy will close on 5 Sep 2021.
Interviews are due to be held on 13 Sep 2021.
Benefits to you
We offer development opportunities and a wide range of benefits including on-site leisure facilities, shopping concourse, day nurseries and access to a great transport system with easy access to airports and rail travel.
Please note if you would like to discuss the required hours of this role further, you should approach the contact given. In some cases alternative working hours will be considered.
We welcome applications from the Armed Forces.
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent NVQ level 2 Customer Service/ Business Admin /ITQ or equivalent experience
- Admin or equivalent experience
- Experience of working in a busy office environment or reception role, - Experience of prioritising, planning and organising own tasks, - Working with guidelines, - Experience of customer service or dealing with the public, - Data entry Experience of IT packages - Microsoft Office
- Previous experience of working in the NHS , -Previous experience of working within medical records, - Experience of call handling, - Experience of dealing with difficult situations and confrontations
- Understanding of confidentiality and data protection, - Understanding of customer service
- Knowledge of the Trust including awareness of the Trust's priorities, - Knowledge of Trust information systems, - Knowledge of Medical Terminology
- Ability to work as part of a team, - Good communication skills including telephone, email and face to face, - Ability to follow processes and procedures, - High level of ability to organise and manage own time keeping to schedule and deadlines, - Key board skills, - Good organisational skills, - Ability to meet deadlines, - Willing to take on/learn new skills, - Ability to show attention to detail and accuracy, - Ability to adapt to change, - Ability to work under pressure, - Ability to store and safeguard confidential documents
- Ability to adapt to change Willingness to learn new skills
- The ability to understand and behave at all times, towards patients, visitors and colleagues according to the Trust values of safe, kind, excellent